ISU (-20.5) opening line vs. Louisiana-Monroe

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
They're com6off a bye week. Still our offense gets healthy. Defense stays steady. 38-10 final.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all week in Ames, and on Saturday too of course.... even more reason to put your money on ULM.

This weather is just garbage. That field will be nothing but a mud bath most of the season.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUKyro

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I suspect there are some really weird efficiency numbers going on that resulted in a line this high.

- Rutgers put up 48 points on Umass
- Iowa shuts out Rutgers
- We avg high yards per play against Iowa
- We also had decent efficiency numbers against UNI despite the score

NHWarhawk

Jul 29, 2019
ULM will be as good as our QB Evans plays. We have an experienced offensive line that has pretty much played together for the past few years. Our top returning receiver entered the transfer portal and is now at Texas Tech so we have some some new receivers in the mix, but there is some speed at the position. Our RB was an Ole Miss recruit and has come out strong to start the season and is about 4th in rushing yards in the nation.

Our defense has improved over the past couple years, but still suspect.

I think Iowa State still wins, but probably more like by 2 TDs. Of course, I hope I’m wrong and ULM comes into Ames and pulls out the W.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
ULM will be as good as our QB Evans plays. We have an experienced offensive line that has pretty much played together for the past few years. Our top returning receiver entered the transfer portal and is now at Texas Tech so we have some some new receivers in the mix, but there is some speed at the position. Our RB was an Ole Miss recruit and has come out strong to start the season and is about 4th in rushing yards in the nation.

Our defense has improved over the past couple years, but still suspect.

I think Iowa State still wins, but probably more like by 2 TDs. Of course, I hope I’m wrong and ULM comes into Ames and pulls out the W.
As long as you keep it close and don't make the mistakes ISU will happily oblige you in giving you the game.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Hoggins and Daserop

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa state is probably better than Florida State but on paper they have more talent. I think Cyclones would be less than a touchdown favorite on a neutral field.
Have either of you watched Florida State this year? They are hot garbage on both sides of the football. I'm not making fun of you here I'm just letting you know they are bad bad bad. Lol

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The crappy thing about this line is even if Iowa State wins 31-13, we wouldn't cover.. This will be a game I probably bet ULM in and if I lose my money I'd be happy about it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'd really like to see us not give up a TD. We've only allowed one in regulation so far this season and that was because Iowa started at our 25. Personally, I'd like to see us control both sides of the ball. I'm so much concerned about the score as I am looking competent against a lesser opponent.

ULMArrowhead

Aug 7, 2019
I would agree ISU would beat FSU. Heck, I think if ULM played them again we would win by two TD’s. If you watched the game you might agree. We spotted them 21 before turning it on. FSU has more talent than both of us, but Taggart is horrible. They did almost beat ranked Virginia last week though. I don’t really know what to make of this game to be honest. It could go lots of different ways. I do think we will score TD’s though. If I had to guess I’d say ISU by 14, but a Warhawk victory wouldn’t shock me. Wehave A history of playing well at P5’s with wins over Alabama in Saban’s first year, #8 Arkansas, MS State, Kentucky, Wake Forest twice, Auburn to OT, FSU to OT, etc. should be a fun one. Hope no injuries on either side.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Ace Rothstein just called. He's looked at the weather for Saturday and he tells me to bet on ULM. Iowa State won't cover.

He's never wrong.

Reactions: Doc

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I’m not touching the line but I’m hammering the under 55

ULMArrowhead

Aug 7, 2019
I’m not touching the line but I’m hammering the under 55

The under 55 sounds like a safe bet. We can put up a lot of points, but sounds like you guys have a heck of a defense. W have more of a bend, but don’t break defense. We are very athletic and fast as a team. So should be fun.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think ISU will really get the running game going in this game and beat the spread. It has had a lot of inconsistency so far, but you can see that Kene, if he ever gets completely healthy is a huge threat and the line has actually done a much better job of blocking.

BTW, Kene just about got into the open field a couple times against the Hawks after ripping off 10+ yards. Doubt they ever would have caught him. I expect a 40+ yard run by him this week if he is good to go. Hope he can be back for kicks too. He is a real threat there.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Damn. I usually stick to poker and blackjack, but this line is really threatening to turn me into a gambling degenerate and sign up, lol.

Help Support Us

Become a patron