ISU (-20.5) opening line vs. Louisiana-Monroe

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
hence why I said maybe. My point is outside of Clemson and maybe a couple decent teams the ACC teams are bad, so I don't care that FSU almost got beat by LAM because we aren't as bad as FSU.
That results in a maybe?
The ACC is struggling. They’d be in serious trouble in terms of conference stability had Clemson not hired Dabo imo. Tough to share the same region as the SEC.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
That results in a maybe?
The ACC is struggling. They’d be in serious trouble in terms of conference stability had Clemson not hired Dabo imo. Tough to share the same region as the SEC.
Yes. The ACC schools are ALL smaller than most people realize.

PS. AND while this is happening, the Big Xll is showing strength on all fronts.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I hope the team is more focused on ULM than we fans are! I had to go down to thread #10 to find the first ULM thread. Iowa is behind the Cyclones like the methane gas they are. Time to start talking about the WarHawks! Anybody around here go to the game in 1980 - when they were known as the NE Louisiana Indians?
I was there. Busy killing brain cells and meeting girls. Pretty much sums up my entire student career at ISU.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So I went ahead and watched most of the game via the condensed version. FSU dominated the first half and it was a really sleepy atmosphere with maybe 1/3 crowd. FSU isn't bad and has some pretty good athletes like Cam Akers but obviously discipline and coaching are not good.

ULM is good sized team and they have a pretty good offense. They do a lot of things that remind me of ISU. Probably the best QB we've seen yet but he has a really weird arm angle / sling shot throw. A couple good receivers like #12 and a TE that can catch. The defense has some size but not real fast or overly hard working. I suppose we'll have to see how much they want to play. I see more points in this game even with potential bad weather.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Part of me thinks that we won't even score 20 points. I just hope we win.

giphy.gif

:cool:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
hence why I said maybe. My point is outside of Clemson and maybe a couple decent teams the ACC teams are bad, so I don't care that FSU almost got beat by LAM because we aren't as bad as FSU.
I know FSU is down, but they are still loaded with talent. Plus, they have come out strong in all 3 games this year. They just cannot figure out how to finish a game yet. When they figure that out, they will be tough.

ULM has a bunch of talented players from Louisiana - many of which we would love to have on our roster. They cannot all go to LSU.

This is going to be a tough game for Iowa State - especially if the Cyclones are not focused. ULM is coming up here to WIN. They are going to be fired up to play a Big Xii team on the road and have good enough players to do so.

So far, I've seen ISU beat an FCS team in OT and lose to a B1G team by 1 this year. ULM is somewhere in between those two teams talent wise, so I am expecting a knock, down drag out fight with the WarHawks.

Let's Go State!

Reactions: khardbored

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was there. Busy killing brain cells and meeting girls. Pretty much sums up my entire student career at ISU.
“Meeting” he says... either you’re being modest or you minored in “the friend zone”.

ULMArrowhead

Aug 7, 2019
I know FSU is down, but they are still loaded with talent. Plus, they have come out strong in all 3 games this year. They just cannot figure out how to finish a game yet. When they figure that out, they will be tough.

ULM has a bunch of talented players from Louisiana - many of which we would love to have on our roster. They cannot all go to LSU.

This is going to be a tough game for Iowa State - especially if the Cyclones are not focused. ULM is coming up here to WIN. They are going to be fired up to play a Big Xii team on the road and have good enough players to do so.

So far, I've seen ISU beat an FCS team in OT and lose to a B1G team by 1 this year. ULM is somewhere in between those two teams talent wise, so I am expecting a knock, down drag out fight with the WarHawks.

Let's Go State!

Just an interesting tidbit. The good TE you mention is Josh Pederson who is the son of the former great ULM QB and current Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson. Heck of an athlete.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
“Meeting” he says... either you’re being modest or you minored in “the friend zone”.
I had an unofficial double-major in fermentation science and women's studies. I didn't receive any college credit, but spent plenty of time doing "research".

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron