Is it the Presidents fault

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Anyone ever think that maybe its Gregory L. Geoffroy fault for all these coaching changes? I was thinking that he has hired Pollard to get control back to the president and not to the big name coaches that Iowa State had. He let lots of good coaches go. It makes me ponder more and more since this is a BUSINESS, he wanted to get control of the athletic department, because he believes that they are too strong for there own good.

That way he smells of rose and Pollard gets the blame. Look at Pollards resume, he has only worked at places for 4-5 years. Soiunds like a hatchet man to me. I believe its all about power back ti the preident.

before you answer..... just think about it

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
That way he smells of rose and Pollard gets the blame. Look at Pollards resume, he has only worked at places for 4-5 years. Soiunds like a hatchet man to me. I believe its all about power back ti the preident.

Pollard will be the first to tell you he's a builder and not a maintainer, hence why he doesn't stay places long.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Apparently pretty hard to accept that someone wants to take another job that
1. pays more money
2. has huge signing bonus
3. has tremendous facilities

clonedog

Dec 12, 2008
ISU athletics have become a revolving door. We are having too many "surprises" and they all seem to be announced by the same guy. I expect an athletic director to lead and build relationships with coaches. We should not be having these "surprises". Jamie needs to go before we "build" ourselves into an even larger hole. We now have a "history" of coaches hired by Jamie Pollard who for some reason do not think twice about dumping on the man. Jamie is all about results except when he is the one with "unforeseen" disaster upon disaster. We are reaching the "next level" in nearly every sport. I hope we can keep the women's basketball program afloat. If Bill goes, will that bring the Pollard disciples back to the real world???

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
ISU athletics have become a revolving door. We are having too many "surprises" and they all seem to be announced by the same guy. I expect an athletic director to lead and build relationships with coaches. We should not be having these "surprises". Jamie needs to go before we "build" ourselves into an even larger hole. We now have a "history" of coaches hired by Jamie Pollard who for some reason do not think twice about dumping on the man. Jamie is all about results except when he is the one with "unforeseen" disaster upon disaster. We are reaching the "next level" in nearly every sport. I hope we can keep the women's basketball program afloat. If Bill goes, will that bring the Pollard disciples back to the real world???

Chizik = Not JP's fault (went to his dream job)
Cael = Not JP's fault (JP gave him everything he could've asked for)
McCarney = JP dismissed him, but most agree it was time
Morgan = JP dismissed him, not re-opening this can of worms

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
and I thought this thread was about Obama. :wink:

-keep

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Apparently pretty hard to accept that someone wants to take another job that
1. pays more money How much more? How do we know?
2. has huge signing bonus Says who?
3. has tremendous facilities

What's hard is to accept is losing a legend like Cael, who has said many times that Iowa State is his dream job.

Smart people don't rip there boss as they leave. Don't want to burn bridges and show others that you have had issues with your boss in the past. Thus the reasons Pollard gave on behalf of Cael. Easier to recruit to Penn State? Yeah right

Help Support Us

Become a patron