Iowa MBB fans this season

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
bth_crying-baby-1.gif

Iowa was hyped by our local media all off season. Iowa fans had all convinced themselves that ISU would be a young team and that they would be much better. It was going to be their moment, it was going to be their year to shine. Then, ISU goes and gets ranked higher than them after beating one of the better teams in Iowa's precious little conference. Then we go and stick it to poligamy in Provo, all while Iowa is playing the little sisters of the poor. "Whar respect for Fran", Iowa fan asks, as they are on page 10 in the sports section and ISU is on the cover. The super butthurt is evident if you look at any Hawkeye forum. "but... but... but... It was our turn and they took it away from us".

We will beat them at Hilton, no question. We will again be a tournament team while they cry about being past over and find themselves playing in the second rate NIT, again.

Mediocrity is your ceiling Iowa fans. Just get used to it. There is one basketball program in this state that is nationally relevant and it isn't you. Just accept your place and things will be much easier for you.

see you in a couple weeks. bring some lube, you're gonna want it

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
How does anyone know anything about Iowa bball this year? They have played no one, they may be pretty good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Although I agree with most of your post, I don't think it's a guarantee at all that we will beat Iowa. I can't stand the majority of Iowa fans, but their team is pretty good I'm afraid. They are much deeper and bigger than ISU.

If Iowa is able to pound it inside on us, and get Niang, Ejim, and Hogue in foul trouble, we will struggle to beat them. That is our biggest weakness. If it becomes a run and gun situation, I like Iowa State. Fran, and the Iowa fans, like to think they are a run and gun team, but they really aren't. They try to be, but they'd be better off slowing it down and taking it inside IMO. Especially on us.

Just be careful what you guarantee on here. It could come back to haunt you. I hope we beat Iowa, but as we saw last year, it really doesn't mean a whole lot. ISU was by far the better team last year, and the entire season proved that to be correct. ISU had a terrible game in IC. Our leading scorer (Clyburn) didn't even score a single point in IC last year and looked completely disinterested for some reason? But in the end, ISU had a much better year than Iowa did.

So this game won't determine our season, or even prove who's better. That's determined by how far you go at the end of the year. I'd rather lose to Iowa and be one shot away from the Sweet Sixteen like last year, then go to the NIT like Iowa did.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Blah, it's a whole bunch of "Gee Wally, Maryland Eastern Shore won a game and Penn State only beat Penn by 12" crap.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
All iowa fans i have talked to have been cheering for ISU all season because they want a big time game at Hilton. I have been doing the same for iowa. But after 12/13 I couldn't care less what happens to Iowa.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
OP, I think ISU will win but rivalry games are extremely hard to predict. I wouldn't keep running your mouth until the game is actually played. I'm excited for this game and for an amazing atmosphere at Hilton so I'm hoping both teams come in with 1 or less losses. Both teams will make the tournament IMHO.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I watched them last night, they still look like the slow poor shooting team that lost in the NIT to me. Penn had a guy that was 5% the player of Niang and he was killing Iowa's "outstanding frontcourt" inside. I'm not going to go so far as say I garrentee a win like the OP, but I agree to a certain extent.

They like to jump into passing lanes and take chances on inferior competition that they are playing right now. It is working for them for now helping them blow out these high school teams they are playing. I think they are in for a rude awakening once they actually play some disciplined teams that can out athletic and out run them. I don't think they are much better than last year IMO. And with a tougher schedule this year, they could still be a bubble team.

And to agree with the OP, I will end with this. This WAS supposed to be ISU's rebuilding year, and Iowa's year to shine. Unfortunately, Fred does not rebuild, he reloads.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I've seen extended parts of 4 Iowa games, only because I hate myself.
The only thing impressive about them is their hustle. Otherwise, like peteypie said, they're just last year's team all over again. Can't shoot, can't really do anything but crash around and flail.

I'll go ahead and guarantee the win. I don't respect that team, and I laugh at their pathetic little schedule.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
lil-bro-stefan.jpg

my_little_brother_annoying_me_tee_shirt-r3404831726764493ac8c71251923f178_wio57_512.jpg

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Plus they shouldn't get 74 free throws per game in Hilton like they do in Carver. Oh, they chucked up a 4 footer and missed, it must have been a foul.