Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We know they lost to SDSU their last time out.

We know Prohm is a bad coach.

We know they are laughable on defense.

Also, we know what we have in this Iowa team.
I mean no offense but Iowa is also very laughable on defense. They just have a really good offense to help offset it. Not unlike some of the really good Cyclone teams under Hoiberg. Other points ring true though for sure.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
I mean no offense but Iowa is also very laughable on defense. They just have a really good offense to help offset it. Not unlike some of the really good Cyclone teams under Hoiberg. Other points ring true though for sure.

Iowa is bad on defense, ISU is laughable.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Press Little Fran and JoBo, frustrate them and slow down the game. I know people say to speed it up, but I say slow it down. Make it so, Garza is working hard on both ends and having to move a lot on defense. It will also hold down the fouls. The little I've seen of Iowa the last few years is JoBo takes a lot of possessions on D off. They let them drive and he is pretty set on offense for the most part. Move them around on D and force them to tire out. Fran will then go 14 deep on the bench and get his screwy combos in there. Not saying we will win, but what I feel you need to do to have the opportunity.
I definitely agree you want to slow it down. The mindset should be to try and win 67 to 66. Past couple years it seemed mindset was to try and win 90 to 85. That's something i don't think Iowa state could do this year. Maybe in the past. I would also agree to pick up Bohannon in the backcourt and hound him. He will make mistakes if he's pressured it also pushes the rest of the team out and now all of a sudden entry passes are much more difficult. Does Iowa state have that kind of defense in them though? When we do struggle offensively that's usually how it happens.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So 7 out of 10 posts here are by Iowa fans on an Iowa State board, but they aren't obsessed with ISU.
On an Iowa State “In state rivals” forum dedicated to all things Hawkeye. Can’t really find the equivalent on Iowa boards

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
On an Iowa State “In state rivals” forum dedicated to all things Hawkeye. Can’t really find the equivalent on Iowa boards
Why is that? Have you asked the Hawkeye Report guy? I have seen several posts on here that said they went over there and bragged about ISU and were promptly banned from the site. Lil' Bro to do stuff like that.