Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Starting to get nervous for this game. No one is giving the Cyclones a chance, and they will be super pumped to prove everyone wrong.

For Iowa, this is a classic trap game as they just came off a big win against UNC and now face a down ISU team and then have to get back up again for NIU on a short turnaround.

Cyclones may pull this off I'm afraid.
That’s the biggest passive aggressive bullsh*t I’ve ever heard

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Welcome to how we felt for the last few years of Fred and Steve's first two years.....I don't know that your program was ever in as low a place as we are now though. ISU winning would take 5 or 6 guys having the games of their lives.

Its basketball and one game. 9/10 I think Iowa wins, but this could be one game. All it takes is for ISU to shoot lights out and Iowa to be cold.

Reactions: heitclone

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
Starting to get nervous for this game. No one is giving the Cyclones a chance, and they will be super pumped to prove everyone wrong.

For Iowa, this is a classic trap game as they just came off a big win against UNC and now face a down ISU team and then have to get back up again for NIU on a short turnaround.

I dont think ISU has the horses to meet the moment.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I dont think ISU has the horses to meet the moment.

And the last time I felt this way about Iowa was 2012 when Woodbury and Gesell were freshman and we were rolling with Clyburn, Lucious, C. Babb, Ejim and Niang. Not that I think we will win tonight, in fact it might not be close. But after 2012 I no longer go into this series laughing. So I understand completely what iahawks is saying.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
And the last time I felt this way about Iowa was 2012 when Woodbury and Gesell were freshman and we were rolling with Clyburn, Lucious, C. Babb, Ejim and Niang. Not that I think we will win tonight, in fact it might not be close. But after 2012 I no longer go into this series laughing. So I understand completely what iahawks is saying.

ISU was 6-2 had lost 2 out of their last 4 heading into that 2012 game in Carver.

And that Iowa team was much better than this ISU squad.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ISU was 6-2 had lost 2 out of their last 4 heading into that 2012 game in Carver.

Jesus Christ, I have no clue what Iowa’s record was before a game against us just shy of a decade ago

• Dumb
Reactions: Rebel and BCClone

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009

We don't know a ton about Iowa state though 2 games in. Usually a team has played 8 or 9 by the time this game rolls around. I hope you're right but I'm not as worry free as you

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
Jesus Christ, I have no clue what Iowa’s record was before a game against us just shy of a decade ago

But did you know you can look it up in a matter of about 30 seconds?

What a dumb post that was for you.

• Funny
Reactions: JM4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

B+

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
We don't know a ton about Iowa state though 2 games in. Usually a team has played 8 or 9 by the time this game rolls around. I hope you're right but I'm not as worry free as you

We know they lost to SDSU their last time out.

We know Prohm is a bad coach.

We know they are laughable on defense.

Also, we know what we have in this Iowa team.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
But did you know you can look it up in a matter of about 30 seconds?

What a dumb post that was for you.
Lol somebody piss in your Cheerios already? Why would I look up something I don’t care about. I’m just pointing out the orgasm you have over cyclone athletics.

• Dumb
Reactions: Rebel

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
We know they lost to SDSU their last time out.

We know Prohm is a bad coach.

We know they are laughable on defense.

Also, we know what we have in this Iowa team.
We got crushed against Depaul 2 games in last year. They sucked too.
I think i know Iowa is good. I'm not sure they're great though yet if that's what you're implying. I guess it just boils down to your confidence vs mine. I hope you're right again

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The experience/cohesiveness of Iowa will be a big benefit this year with possible cancellations/game movements and going up against teams that have had turnover.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron