INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What kind of documentation are they asking for? A doctor's note?

thumb_when-your-boss-asks-for-a-note-to-prove-youre-21429959.png

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Think we should know about Rasir's eligibility in the next two weeks. (granted the NCAA makes their own timeline).
After the Athletic Department was able to get Kyle Kempt a 6th year, I have full confidence they will properly cross the t's and dot the i's.

Considering the positive reviews on his play in the on CCL game (I know not the best evaluation point but all we have today), the importance of getting the waiver is raising in my mind.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Unpopular opinion:

Without more information, i don’t understand why Bolton would get a waiver. On the surface it appears he didn’t like Pat Chambers because he was a jerk. Well he’s been a jerk there for 8 years, you knew what you signed up for.

I know the staff says they’re confident but i also remember them saying they were confident in Emmanuel Malou

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
"The previous guidelines allowed waivers to be granted for “egregious behavior by a staff member or student at the previous institution” as long as the previous school did not oppose the waiver, giving the committee a fairly broad window to view those claims. The updated version says waivers should be granted for documented cases where the athlete was a victim of “physical assault or abuse, sexually inappropriate behavior, racial abuse, religious discrimination, questioning of sexuality by a staff member or student at the previous institution” though the definition isn’t limited to those areas. "

The language that likely applies to Rasirs case. So it looks like if your coach was a relentless a-hole but didn't sexually/racially harass you or physically abuse you you're SOL.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Not great...

What was interesting is that the attorney who represented Justin Fields and currently represents approximately fifty other college athletes in transfer cases approves of the new measures as a "sensible" short term fix. I'd be curious to know what he thinks the long term fix is.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Unpopular opinion:

Without more information, i don’t understand why Bolton would get a waiver. On the surface it appears he didn’t like Pat Chambers because he was a jerk. Well he’s been a jerk there for 8 years, you knew what you signed up for.

I know the staff says they’re confident but i also remember them saying they were confident in Emmanuel Malou

Well to be fair, nothing was ever decided on Malou was it? If I recall, he left before decision came down.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
"The previous guidelines allowed waivers to be granted for “egregious behavior by a staff member or student at the previous institution” as long as the previous school did not oppose the waiver, giving the committee a fairly broad window to view those claims. The updated version says waivers should be granted for documented cases where the athlete was a victim of “physical assault or abuse, sexually inappropriate behavior, racial abuse, religious discrimination, questioning of sexuality by a staff member or student at the previous institution” though the definition isn’t limited to those areas. "

The language that likely applies to Rasirs case. So it looks like if your coach was a relentless a-hole but didn't sexually/racially harass you or physically abuse you you're SOL.

Pretty sure a coach abusing other people on the team would be grounds for acceptance, can create an unsafe-feeling environment. Which there is public documentation of, plus whatever else Bolton/family knows behind the scenes that they've submitted.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Pretty sure a coach abusing other people on the team would be grounds for acceptance, can create an unsafe-feeling environment. Which there is public documentation of, plus whatever else Bolton/family knows behind the scenes that they've submitted.
Maybe, but that's not what it says. It pretty clearly states the player has to be the one that was assaulted. I don't know what evidence Rasir has for his case, but to me if there are documented cases of a coach doing any of the things listed they are probably going to lose their job, and his coach is not losing his job. To me they are clearly ratcheting down on the transfer stuff and this puts a huge dent in his chances of being granted a waiver. Just my opinion. We'll see.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

To be fair...

-- sexual harassment, discrimination against historically marginalized populations, and assault are categorically different (and worse) than just being a garden-variety *******

-- we do not know that Chambers was not doing any of those things... we know that guy is a huge *******, that crossing the line into the above (all sorts of words he could have said on one of many rants, etc.) or inappropriate physical contact would not shock me whatsoever

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
To be fair...

-- sexual harassment, discrimination against historically marginalized populations, and assault are categorically different (and worse) than just being a garden-variety *******

-- we do not know that Chambers was not doing any of those things... we know that guy is a huge *******, that crossing the line into the above (all sorts of words he could have said on one of many rants, etc.) or inappropriate physical contact would not shock me whatsoever
Right, but like I said above, if there is documented evidence of him doing these things then he would most likely be fired. It doesn't compute if he is actually guilty of doing anything beyond being a **** in general.

• Creative
Reactions: abcguyks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron