If you were the Big Xll commissioner would you add two more teams?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Only if they were the caliber of a Clemson, Florida State, etc. Louisville at the lowest.

And you know the championship game would be at Jerryworld in Dallas, right?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Louisville for sure, because they're so much better than West Virginia in everything and it makes just as much sense location wise

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Yes I'd like to see the championship game come back to KC but if there ever is a championship game again it will be in Jerry World. Yes I would like to see 2 more teams added but no directional schools at all...

My ideal choices would be to make BYU somehow work and some team that is not happy in the ACC.

then split into East/West divisions...

East:
Iowa State
West Virginia
Disgruntaled ACC school
Texas
Kansas
Baylor

West:
Oklahoma
OSU
Texas Tech
TCU
BYU
Kansas State

this is my dream situation...

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
For fans, our conference is the best in the country. Nothing better than round robin in football and bball. The media and fans of other conferences don't get it, they use having brutal conference schedules to prop up SEC football and big east/acc bball but the big 12 gets looked at as second class when Texas and OU aren't the cream of the crop. So as a fan, it doesn't get any better than this but for the national identity of our conference, teams will have to be added.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
How about a couple crap teams in our division, so we get 2 more W's. I'll take every W I can get.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
When the next wave of realignment hits (it won't be for awhile) West Virginia will probably move to the ACC, and the Big 12 will probably take Clemson and Florida State from the ACC. Those are two rivals that can stay rivals in a much better football conference. Now do I stay at 11, or do I find another? I think I have to find another to keep up with the SEC and Big 10. So I add Louisville from the ACC or perhaps a team from the SEC or Big 10 that wants out. Those two conferences will eventually implode. They're a ticking time bomb.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I liked having a champ game. I also liked not having to play everyone. Even more so on years like the one we've been having.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Would you really like to try and sell the B12 to other schools now? Come to our league, but don't you dare challenge OU or TU in football or KU in basketball. We have ways to make sure you don't ruin their seasons and hurt our cash cows. So please join. It's fun.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I liked having a champ game. I also liked not having to play everyone. Even more so on years like the one we've been having.

Agree.

If you look out over the CFB landscape conferences have added CCGs not eliminated them. The problem is that presumably the B12 has already made runs at teams that would be acceptable additions (FSU, Clemson, etc.) and has halted (overtly) expansion plans.

I want to add teams. But the B12 MUST add the right teams and there simply are not any available. IIRC the only conference w/o a GOR is the SEC and I think it's basically a non-starter that Arkansas & LSU would join the B12 so there we are. Everyone is either locked up by a GOR or won't join us.

I'll probably get flamed for this but if I were B12 commissioner I would begin a study/outreach mission to figure out a way to get Arkansas & LSU to move to the B12. Some package by which they could make more money than in the SEC.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Louisville for sure, because they're so much better than West Virginia in everything and it makes just as much sense location wise

Did you forget the Jimlad? I still say Louisville wouldn't make financial sense, and brand-wise they are not better than West Virginia, unless you are thinking basketball. They were a desperation add by the ACC..."the least bad of the rest." Location-wise they make sense...but that doesn't matter.

I agree that we should stay where we are, or coax over a couple disgruntled SEC or ACC teams (Arkansas, LSU, Clemson, Florida State). The latter has low percentage of happening, so we are fine where we are.

If Florida State gets into the NCG this year by playing the weak teams in the ACC, I doubt they'll want to go anywhere even with the current payout as it is.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think our conference is how it's meant to be and I really like what we have. That said, I would have added Louisville and probably BYU.