If the B12 remains intact and moves forward

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Fine. 52 is a pretty weak schedule. They lost their last two games when they finally played somebody.

They didn't just "lose" to Stanford. McCaffrey had damn near 400 all purpose yards without even breaking a sweat. That is the very definition of a team playing in a horrid Big Ten West and having zero business playing in a New Years day bowl game.

Define irony: Every team in the Big Ten refers to Iowa as the farm school and the Stanford band trolls Iowa fans at halftime. Iowa fans turn around and insult Iowa State because they are more of a "farm" school than Iowa. Have never understood it. Same Hawk fans probably thought Field of Dreams was the coolest thing ever. Im fine taking pride in what makes the state of Iowa unique. Iowa City is such the metropolitan.

Last edited:

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
WOW. There was about 10 pages of The Sky is Falling vs. The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow!!

I don't think anyone on this board would argue that the preferred path is ISU ending up:

#1 Big10 Invite.
#2 Pac12 or SEC Invite.
#3 Reformulated Big12.

A Reformulated Big12 is a death sentence for some Cyclone fans. That's OK. I understand the desire to see ISU matched up against CFB elite.

For other fans, a Reformulated Big12 still means exciting CFB at Jack Trice. It's nice playing Texas, but to be honest I enjoy playing the historical Big 8 rivals more.

It might feel strange at first, but I could get used to schools like BYU, Boise, CSU, SDSU, Memphis, Cincy, UCF, Army or Navy in the Big12.

The Big12/8 would take a pretty big revenue hit, but $ doesn't guarantee wins. Ask the Longhorns!! Cincy was a top 10 team getting $9M from the AAC TV deal with ESPN.

The tough thing about a reformulated Big12 is none of the top options are geographically close to existing Big12 excluding WVU. Sorry, I don't think Houston brings much to Big12 that we don't already get from TT, TCU or Baylor.

Agree with most of what you've said here.

On #2 I'd take an ACC invite too (assume you would too)

As for Big12 3.0, The money hit would suck BIG TIME, geography is going be a joke, ya it sucks, but my priority would be getting the most competitive teams to join. This does two things gives it the best street cred possible and cuts the other leagues below 3.0 off at the knees. I like BYU, Cincy, USF, and reluctantly Boise St.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
2015.....ISU traveled to Toledo for a football game.

They need to get ready for more trips like that.
Wow your hawkeyes are really taking on debt. 2020 showed 21 MM in payments then add about 4 MM in new debt for the Covid losses so up to 25 MM a year. Not sure the total but in 2019 payments were 16 MM on 200 some million. ISU had 6 MM in payments on 66 MM of debt. With 20 MM of Covid losses JP said the payback would be 2 MM year. 25-8 equals almost the difference of 18 MM in the budgets.

You guys are really banking on that large media rights increase.