If Iowa starts another Dynasty (heaven forbid) ...

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
"""We saw an iowa recruit walk away from them this year due to money issues a."""

All I will say on this front is that not all is as what it seems.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Players commit to the school, not the coach.

Let me know when you realize it's not 1977. The kids transferred and lost a year of eligibility because of it. Wrestling for Brands is obviously what they wanted to do. 99.9% of kids go to a school because of the coach.

As for the original question, yes, it is good for the sport if they start another Dynasty. It's a lot better than Mizzou and Minny winning championships because their fans don't care about wrestling.

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
I don't understand the concern about one program dominating, it is not going to happen. OK State won four in a row in the middle part of this decade and have been somewhat off the last two years though they might be coming back.

Oklahoma State by far is the most dominant program that the sport has ever seen, this cannot be argued with; ISU's program has maybe 10-15 more dual wins over its life than OSU does (970-ish to 960-ish, according to school info), but more importantly OSU has 34 national titles to our 8. OSU was extremely dominant year after year from the 1930s to the 1960s and that did not kill the sport. Harold Nichols looked at it as a challenge and succeeded in breaking it.

I hope you guys don't feel that ISU is now entitled to win national championships all the time because Cael is our coach, you have to go earn it. I look at Iowa being monsters and ISU being machines, lets tune the machines to beat the monsters.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
those are awesome cars: 68 1/2' through 71' bodystyle and 72' as transition year, 73' onward they went to pot-those damn park bench bumpers.

Yup...completely ruined a gorgeous automobile. I'd love to spend a few weeks with a fully restored '72 Mark IV...

Last edited:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
We can only hope that when the Hawks run Ferentz out of town, he takes about 20 of his best recruits with him to his next school. Let the howling begin...

If he does that I hope he goes somewhere that has a prison system with plenty of capacity.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It will be ISU and Iowa on top for a bit. CS will get the job done at ISU. There are some good young wrestlers on his team. He is also building quality depth something very improtant in wrestling and lacking during the BD era. I hate to say it but I do like Iowa's aggressive style of wrestling. They get after it, wrestle there style, and always keep the other guy on their toes.

fanocys

Dec 18, 2007
This is just silly. I respect Brands, but do you really think Cael would let Iowa dominate? Ain't gonna happen.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
If Iowa dominates in Wrestling every year for eternity.. but plays basketball and football like they have the last few years..

SIGN ME UP.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Let me summarize this thread: "Blah, blah, blah, Iowa, blah, blah, blah"....

Still trying to figure out why I care about Iowa, anyway....

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wow, another half hour of Wresling talk on Miller, thank god for MLB.com streaming games. I never claim to like wrestling but I respect the guys and my friends that are/were wrestlers. That being said it has no place on the radio, even in Iowa.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Wow, another half hour of Wresling talk on Miller, thank god for MLB.com streaming games. I never claim to like wrestling but I respect the guys and my friends that are/were wrestlers. That being said it has no place on the radio, even in Iowa.

18 minutes, not a half hour.

not every topic is going to catch every fan.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron