House of the Dragon

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Bye bye hot Rhaenyra :(

BTW Ser Criston Cole you were just asked to be side piece for the future Queen who is set to be married to a gay man. What the hell man, that's a dream job and you go all crazy about it.
I think he wants to be away from it all. Wants the family thing with a wife and kids etc. I LOL'd a bit when he referred to himself as her "wh.ore", but for all intents and purposes, that's what he'd be.

Side note: HBO showing that poor guy's face after Ser Criston had turned it into ground beef was pretty gnarly...even for HBO I thought

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think he wants to be away from it all. Wants the family thing with a wife and kids etc. I LOL'd a bit when he referred to himself as her "wh.ore", but for all intents and purposes, that's what he'd be.

Side note: HBO showing that poor guy's face after Ser Criston had turned it into ground beef was pretty gnarly...even for HBO I thought
No kidding. Just grisly. That whole plan really didn't work out well for the Knight of Kisses.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

It reminded me of the Mountain ripping the eyes out of Oberyn

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Honestly I liked that they show his hamburgalar face after that beating. Westeros has never been short on gore and I'm about it.
I think I fall into this category too. At first glance I was repulsed, but after the episode and after my wife had left the room I played it back. Just had to for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonick182

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
The character growth for Alicent has been amazing these past 2 episodes. I was really wondering how the show would chisel away fan support for Rhaenyra to make the greens more likeable. I think this episode did that.

meme i enjoyed from twitter after the show.

1663602414223.png

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Larys Strong was great. Bringing the intrigue we crave.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Man what an incredible episode. I absolutely loved it

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
10 years gone.
Viserys looking like the crypt keeper. What's holding that guy together? Less and less, it appears. Looks like he lost a hand since we last saw him. Foreshadowing to the loss of another?

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
same. i said “who the hell is that” several times as i watched
With who? As far as I know it was only the four actors who changed, Rhaenyra and Alicent, who I thought they introduced as their characters pretty clearly. The other two that I can think of are the two Velaryon kids, and they have a pretty specific look, so it didn't seem too tough to identify them.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The Laena death could've been heart wrenching if we had known her at all. A great idea, but kind of wasted on a tertiary character. It was a great look at Vhagar.

Young Rhaenyra and old Alicent actresses were/are great at bringing modern facial expressions and voice tone to their acting.

It wasn't one of the better episodes, but Larys killing his dad and brother was quite the move. Alicent is like oh ****, what have I got myself into?

Help Support Us

Become a patron