House of the Dragon

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm going to watch, but I'm more in the "cautiously optimistic" camp. The last few seasons of GoT were such a let down, don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I'm in the same boat. I'll watch, but I'm currently not craving it.

The good news with this show is that based on the Targaryen civil war, so we should know how it ends based on source material.

Reactions: Cycho1

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
GoT was good until there were no more books to go off of. There’s more material for this show, should be good!

It didn’t help the two lead producers were trying to rush it so they could start on Star Wars. Which they finished it so bad they were taken off of Star Wars lol.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
You will be disappointed. I read something that said this won't have any of that.

Wonder if it's a slight change in philosophies at HBO? I think the latest season of Westworld (which I'm struggling through) hasn't had any which is a change from the opening seasons.

I'll fall into the hopeful but afraid of being hurt camp of GoT. Still amazes me just how badly they f'd up that last season. Took a literal world wide TV viewing event and turned it into a bunch of memes.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Wonder if it's a slight change in philosophies at HBO? I think the latest season of Westworld (which I'm struggling through) hasn't had any which is a change from the opening seasons.

I'll fall into the hopeful but afraid of being hurt camp of GoT. Still amazes me just how badly they f'd up that last season. Took a literal world wide TV viewing event and turned it into a bunch of memes.

I honestly don't have a problem with the final seasons of GoT.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
@isufbcurt,

Did you read my post on the "current shows" thread? I wrote just last night that this show might earn or deserve its very own thread.

Count me in as being absolutely pumped for this one, even without nudity.

I didn't think the last seasons of GOT were as bad as what the consensus seems to be, but I do think there was a noticeable drop in quality. And I really didn't have many issues with the finale, although I do think the villianess turn for Dany was a bit abrupt and needed more of an explanation.

Which leads to a good sequeway (?) that I hope the tendency towards diabolical insanity that runs in the Targaryen family gets further exploration in this new series.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
@isufbcurt,

Did you read my post on the "current shows" thread? I wrote just last night that this show might earn or deserve its very own thread.

Count me in as being absolutely pumped for this one, even without nudity.

I didn't think the last seasons of GOT were as bad as what the consensus seems to be, but I do think there was a noticeable drop in quality. And I really didn't have many issues with the finale, although I do think the villianess turn for Dany was a bit abrupt and needed more of an explanation.

Which leads to a good sequeway (?) that I hope the tendency towards diabolical insanity that runs in the Targaryen family gets further exploration in this new series.
No I did not see that thread. I will check it out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm very curious to see how much steam this picks up. Supposedly they spent 200 million making this first season. I think there is still a hangover from the end of GoT. I listen to a lot of nerdy podcasts and there has been almost zero discussion of this.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
While there is source material, Fire and Blood is more of a history book than a dramatic retelling. That gives the writers some interesting room to interpret events. I know GRRM has been working closely with them, and we know HBO will spare no expense when it comes to production values. I think we're in for a great show. We all love the world that GRRM created.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm going to watch, but I'm more in the "cautiously optimistic" camp. The last few seasons of GoT were such a let down, don't want to get my hopes up too high.
Luckily this is based on a book with a definitive ending and not an incomplete series. So there is some hope.

Reactions: CloneIce

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I follow several nerd content creators on TikTok who have been providing all sorts of background on the source material that's got me excited for what the show can be, GRRM sounds very happy with it, and D&D aren't involved. I'm also excited for the return of Talk the Thrones from The Ringer, though it'll be really weird not having Jason Concepcion involved with that.

So, I'm personally very excited. I'm not sure what the general audience excitement is/will be, but I'm jacked.

Help Support Us

Become a patron