Hoiberg on Murph N Andy at 3:45

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I believe if Royce is a possible 25-35 pick this year, if he came back and showed to be a complete monster in the block with C. Lucious being the true PG next year it would make his stock skyrocket to top 5-10. He wont be bringing the ball down the court in the league, like he did for us this yr.

Exactly. And a chance to develop/show a nice 15 foot jumper.

Plus, he loves Ames...........

nicmilani

Mar 24, 2006
Personally, I respect Fred's honesty. Brackins probably saw his stock drop year-over-year, not to say there weren't a lot of factors in that, but it happened. So treat that statement as one of "fact" not of "opinion".

That being said, look at Draymond Green at MSU. He is the most similar player, IMO. Last year he had to handle some point responsibilities, and this year he's been able to focus on the block. I think best case scenario for RW IF he comes back is to show great post work, respect the 15 footer AND run point a minority of the time to frustrate opposing teams. He could legitimately average a double-double by primarily working from the block and off of pick-and-rolls. To me, that's the primary area for upside. Secondarily, he can work on his defense (not losing focus and not getting pushed under the rim on the entry pass) and his free-throw shooting. Although, both of those things aren't numero uno in the NBA.

I'd love to see him come back and take this team deep next year. I can't imagine staring at a million dollar decision like that at his age. I just hope this doesn't really ramp up his anxiety and he's able to stay level.

Tremendous amount of stress to be under - high-class problems, but stress all the same. Just as Royce has continually been selfless this season, I trust Fred and the cyclone community will do the same. We'll support him either way, he's earned that.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I believe if Royce is a possible 25-35 pick this year, if he came back and showed to be a complete monster in the block with C. Lucious being the true PG next year it would make his stock skyrocket to top 5-10. He wont be bringing the ball down the court in the league, like he did for us this yr.

you could argue that bringing the ball up the court is what made his stock skyrocket.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I posted this before ... but can you imagine how bored he would be playing against the likes of Miss Valley St, Central Mich, Lipscomb, Iowa, Rice, and Drake?

He would only get moderately motivated to play UNI. ;-)

Seriously though ... as a fan, I really want to watch him play against Seth Tuttle, Adam Woodbury, and Paul Simon ... dur Ben Simons.

I'll be extremely surprised if he's back in a Cyclone uniform next November.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron