Hoiberg on Murph N Andy at 3:45

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He was talking about Noel who he's practiced against for years. Fred can't mention him although if he did nobody would care.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
That's what I heard although it is not the message many want to hear ...... myself included. Especialy when you couple that with Royce saying earlier that he would listen to Fred.

I honestly think guys going early to the NBA is good for the program. Assuming of course they actually get drafted. It shows other high ranking kids that Iowa State is a place that you can go and make the NBA after one year. To those that say we don't want one and done kids.... Bull...

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
I honestly think guys going early to the NBA is good for the program. Assuming of course they actually get drafted. It shows other high ranking kids that Iowa State is a place that you can go and make the NBA after one year. To those that say we don't want one and done kids.... Bull...

So you would like the cyclones if we had a team like Kentucky? I would be less of a fan if that were the case. College is about the student athlete, not just using a school for NBA publicity. Royce case is very different tho, I would not be upset if he went NBA.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

I want one and done kids...to stay for more than one year! What? That's asking too much? Ok, I'll just take them for one year. :wink:

Obviously I want Royce to come back, but I have no problem if he leaves. He needs to do what's best for him and his family. I'll always be a huge Royce White fan.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines

This will be my consolation if Royce leaves. Hopefully it will show other kids that CFH can take a kid who actually quit basketball at one point via Youtube, and help him get to the NBA after playing only one year. Thats one heck of a recruiting pitch.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
So you would like the cyclones if we had a team like Kentucky? I would be less of a fan if that were the case. College is about the student athlete, not just using a school for NBA publicity. Royce case is very different tho, I would not be upset if he went NBA.
I would love if Iowa State had a team like Kentucky. Any Iowa State fan that says he wouldn't is just lying to himself.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines

Uhhhh.... yeeeaaahhhhh.... Is that a trick question?

C

CyBer

I would love if Iowa State had a team like Kentucky. Any Iowa State fan that says he wouldn't is just lying to himself.

I would not want a team like kentucky because I don't want Hoiberg paying for players.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I'd prefer a team that had players just a bit longer. Kentucky is not the only team that is perennial top 10 or 15, and not all of those other teams send their players to the pros every year. To me, this type of thing is a recipe for uncertainty.

C

CyBer

It would be nice to develop players and have them for more than one year.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Yes it would really suck to have a team that is in the top 10 every year, be in the spotlight, get the good ESPN slots, go to final 4s, and play for the national title.

It stopped being about the student athlete a long time ago. If ISU can get players as fun to watch play was Royce is go for it even if they are one and dones. The last 2 games watching him play have been the most fun games to watch since the 99-00 run.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I don't really understand where this thread has gone. We have posters saying they don't want a program like Kentucky that sends a lot of 1-and-done players..... Wait, what??? You don't want 1-and-done caliber players to come to ISU????

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'd prefer a team that had players just a bit longer. Kentucky is not the only team that is perennial top 10 or 15, and not all of those other teams send their players to the pros every year. To me, this type of thing is a recipe for uncertainty.

Jesus dude. They win a lot of titles and go to the Final 4 enough to more than make up for a little uncertainty.

If you lose 2-3 players early to the NBA every year, and re-load with 4-5 players that average 4.5 stars, you're sitting pretty good.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
I don't really understand where this thread has gone. We have posters saying they don't want a program like Kentucky that sends a lot of 1-and-done players..... Wait, what??? You don't want 1-and-done caliber players to come to ISU????

No kidding. A portion of our fan base always seems to embrace being just ok.

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
More than not one and done players dont win national championships, you really need a veteran group of players that have been with the program 3 or 4 years and some programs come to mind is..

2000 Michigan State
2005 and 2009 UNC was dominant by upper classmen
2008 Kansas had veteran players
2006 and 2007 had veteran players...

Help Support Us

Become a patron