Hilton Magic!

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I just got home from the game and no matter what you thought about the outcome of the game, at times I would say Hilton Magic was back!!!

It was really loud and crazy there at the end of the first half and again several times in the second half.

It was exciting to see our team compete against #4 Oklahoma, given our lack of success the past couple of games and the fans showed how happy they were!

The refs were terrible. Blake traveled quite a bit.

Anyway, if you were at the game, good for you cheering on ISU as loud as you did!!!!!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Hilton was rocking today. One of these days the fans will get rewarded! Keep coming to games and showing your support! This teams needs all the support it can get, no matter the opponent.

The key to Hilton Magic is the people who sit between the two hoops... the students will always be loud and into the game (well, most of the time), but Hilton does not truly rock until EVERYONE stands up and cheers!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It wasn't back but it was louder than the KU game I think. I've been there when the Magic was alive and well and today we heard it occasionally but not on the level that I hold true Hilton Magic to

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
That's all we have left? The noise at Hilton Coliseum? I guess that's something.

debbie_downer.jpg

Take a nap and come back later.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
debbie_downer.jpg

Take a nap and come back later.

+1.

I had real Cyclones in my row, instead of the empty seats I usually have, or the Kansas fans I had last week. And real Cyclones that were making some noise, passionately into the game.

I heard them saying to one another, "We need to buy season tickets for football and basketball next year."

Good game=good advertising. Good job, Cyclone fans.

CyKosys

Nov 24, 2006
+1.

I had real Cyclones in my row, instead of the empty seats I usually have, or the Kansas fans I had last week. And real Cyclones that were making some noise, passionately into the game.

I heard them saying to one another, "We need to buy season tickets for football and basketball next year."

Good game=good advertising. Good job, Cyclone fans.
They must like loud noise. It can't be good basketball.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
I just got home from the game and no matter what you thought about the outcome of the game, at times I would say Hilton Magic was back!!!

It was really loud and crazy there at the end of the first half and again several times in the second half.

It was exciting to see our team compete against #4 Oklahoma, given our lack of success the past couple of games and the fans showed how happy they were!

The refs were terrible. Blake traveled quite a bit.

Anyway, if you were at the game, good for you cheering on ISU as loud as you did!!!!!
I thought Hilton magic was associated with winning

Reactions: ajk4st8

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Don't guys like you ever get tired of losing...and making excuses?

We don't make excuses, we have explanations.

We're positive that we have a good future and we're heading toward it, and so we focus on the good things. You're negative and have not one good thing to say about ISU basketball, you possess a downer, defeatist outlook. (What a way to live one's life.)

If you're unhappy because we Positive Pauls will not succumb to your sort of Negative Nancyism, well, unhappy you're going to be.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I thought Hilton magic was associated with winning

Each one of us will decide for ourselves what constitutes Hilton Magic. For some of us, it constitutes supporting our athletes on the court in the best way we know how.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
As an Iowa fan, even I appreciate Hilton Magic. However, everytime Hilton gets loud, are you going to call it Hilton Magic? Is that really what it's supposed to be?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
The day the place is packed and the whole house is clapping to the techno chanting "let's go state" is the day I'll say the magic is back.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Hilton Magic is simple.....it's a loud full house cheering on ISU.

The effect of Hilton Magic is multiples....like keeping us in a game nobody thought we had a snowball's chance in hell of beating. Coming back in games that we've lost. And so forth...Hilton Magic is not a W only.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
As an Iowa fan, even I appreciate Hilton Magic. However, everytime Hilton gets loud, are you going to call it Hilton Magic? Is that really what it's supposed to be?

OMG, I actually agree with SouthernHawk :eek: I think I need to go lie down...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron