hawk fb program headed to the bottom

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
You guys seriously aren't very smart. I know you are hawks and all but my goodness.

You are citing hawk stats like you have them posted in your trailer and I care about Iowa.

I guess I do care about them as a little brother to ISU. I mean I feel sorry for teams that have to lie about spring game attendance to feel relevant in their own state

8,000? As Hlas pointed out, then he must have had 500 in his living room the other night. Still laughing.

Don't worry big brother ISU has enough going for them to pat you on the back here and there.

Let me get this straight. Iowa is little brother because they lied about a SPRING GAME ATTENDANCE? Jesus ******.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
So because I know facts in an argument against Iowa State makes me a hawk fan? Wow.

Defending the Hawkeyes, while trashing the Cyclones........if you were a true Cyclone, you would not do that. No way, no how.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
If the mods are going to do anything, they are going to call you out as not being a cyclone fan.

Go to the ksu board and leave us alone. Our boy Jamie has it covered. Or did you say "your boy" jamie?

Sorry but you have been "outed."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Triple_facepalm.png
    Triple_facepalm.png
    839.3 KB · Views: 108

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
That's pretty stupid IMO. We're a basketball school and we still beat them in football half of the time. That's why we're big brother and any success we have in football would just be a cherry on top

1. what makes us a basketball school?

2. Let's look at the all time series in football vs Iowa.. It's not close.

So to say we're big brother. Is still asinine.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

1. We're a top 25 program

2. I don't live in the past, couldn't care less about how good Iowa used to be

I'd rather be good at one sport and bad at another instead of being mediocre at both

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

I'd rather be good at one sport and bad at another instead of being mediocre at both

We're a top 25 program in the last 4 years. We're not a top 25 program of all time. Not even close. You must have forgotten about the McDermott years.

If you don't live in the past. then why would you cherry pick stats. To say we beat Iowa half the time in the last 10 years is cherry picking. But if you're going to look at a body of work. Look at it all. People are doing that with rhoads, why can't we look at the all time series record?

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010

So, it's common for schools to bounce back and forth between what "kind" of school they are?

In 2000 you were a basketball school, then in 2002 a football school? Since then you've flipped back to a basketball school?

I can see you clearly know what you're talking about.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
If the mindset of this thread continues, or runs rampant, ISU's fanbase will be considered just as cult-like as Texas A&M.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We're a top 25 program in the last 4 years. We're not a top 25 program of all time. Not even close. You must have forgotten about the McDermott years.

If you don't live in the past. then why would you cherry pick stats. To say we beat Iowa half the time in the last 10 years is cherry picking. But if you're going to look at a body of work. Look at it all. People are doing that with rhoads, why can't we look at the all time series record?

Why would I care about the McDermott era in 2015? I'm not cherry picking anything I just don't see what the past has to do with anything right now.

Without looking it up I'm sure we have a winning record against Baylor in football, does that make us a better football program than them or are you cherry picking talking about the last few years?

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Why would I care about the McDermott era in 2015? I'm not cherry picking anything I just don't see what the past has to do with anything right now.

Without looking it up I'm sure we have a winning record against Baylor in football, does that make us a better football program than them or are you cherry picking talking about the last few years?

Baylor is pretty much the only acception in that argument. No one saw that program rising like they have.

The only reason I'm using history. Is it generally has a good indication of how bad a program is. ISU football is always going to be one of the worst programs in fbs.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

This is a stupid thread, but let's take the all-time record between these two teams and look at it in a little context. Sure Iowa has won an overwhelming majority at 40 of the 62 games. But keep in mind that 37 of the series games were played in Iowa City so the record is almost exactly what could be predicted based on the locale of the games played.

I'm not saying that either team is big brother, but I'm not going to concede that Iowa has entirely earned the series record on a level playing field either.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Wrong again. Kansas state is another. Sorry. The only reason you want to use all time is because it benefits your hawks. My kids only know isu beating up on iowa in football.

All time conversations are used when you can't beat people currently.

Baylor is pretty much the only acception in that argument. No one saw that program rising like they have.

The only reason I'm using history. Is it generally has a good indication of how bad a program is. ISU football is always going to be one of the worst programs in fbs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I agree with that but Iowa hasn't been a top 25 team in a long time and we are much better than them in basketball. Plus the last 15 years or so we beat them half the time, hence the reason they are little bro

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Correction. In the last 15 years we beat them more than half the time.

I agree with that but Iowa hasn't been a top 25 team in a long time and we are much better than them in basketball. Plus the last 15 years or so we beat them half the time, hence the reason they are little bro