Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I copied and pasted a post from HR. I am indeed a pharmacist who graduated from Iowa in 1998. However, I always identify myself as an ISU graduate class of 1991 with a degree in transportation and logistics.
So are you now trying to say that this is the comment of another poster and you just copied it? You're pretty unclear here.
However, if it WAS your post and your daughter, I strongly recommend you drop this line of posting. Consider your daughter's position even if she hasn't. If this story is true, there is no way that promoting it farther will end well. For either of you.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
So are you now trying to say that this is the comment of another poster and you just copied it? You're pretty unclear here.
However, if it WAS your post and your daughter, I strongly recommend you drop this line of posting. Consider your daughter's position even if she hasn't. If this story is true, there is no way that promoting it farther will end well. For either of you.

it was from 83hawk on hr.

btw, that l wade Childress guys is among the dumber of dumb **** hawk fans on the internet.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
This is a post from HR by 83Hawk. I should change my screen name to PharmaCy

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
  • Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Matt and Monté player two years under each Hoiberg and Prohm.

View attachment 68520

View attachment 68519

Those are some tasty development arcs.

Monte was already one of the best ball handlers on the planet when he showed up, but to say a kid his size was guaranteed to be in the NBA regardless of development is a laugher.

Love how that chart shows what he arrived great at and where he developed. Thomas development in D was among the biggest leaps I've seen. Probably only Naz made as much overall growth throughout his time under FH and SP.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes

Attended both schools, undergrad at ISU, grad at UI. Your assessment is backwards. In fact I was a huge Iowa fan and thought sure I was going to Iowa for undergrad until I went to orientation at both. Iowa wanted to be my friend, ISU wanted to challenge me and prepare me for the world. It is laughable that you think athletes at Iowa (or ISU) have to do much school work unfortunately. Thanks for your obvious sour grapes.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Carver Hawkeye library!

EJCrvtcXkAIHRXj.jpg

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Honest opinion...I think both fan bases trolled themselves. A lot of people hang on every word these recruits say. I take XF and his family at their word today, XF didn't decide until yesterday. They respect both programs and have a lot of good things to say about both. He says one nice thing about Iowa, everyone loses their mind and says he's going to Iowa. Same thing happened when he said nice things about ISU. My guess is he was truly undecided until yesterday and until then wanted both doors open until he firmly decided.

no way

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Attended both schools, undergrad at ISU, grad at UI. Your assessment is backwards. In fact I was a huge Iowa fan and thought sure I was going to Iowa for undergrad until I went to orientation at both. Iowa wanted to be my friend, ISU wanted to challenge me and prepare me for the world. It is laughable that you think athletes at Iowa (or ISU) have to do much school work unfortunately. Thanks for your obvious sour grapes.

Also, ISU undergrad Iowa postgrad. Great time at Iowa. Great bars. Great girls. ISU is special and there is a reason there isn’t a more loyal alumni base in the country. ISU IS Iowa.

Reactions: NWICY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I feel so bad for the Murray twins.

between the perception that already exists, and their dad being an online presence, I don’t see how it ends well

oh dear they’re finding videos of the twins games at their prep school, and showing highlights of games against worse teams than they played at prairie.

they’re using it as proof their improved abilities.

these aren’t the McCaffrey kids, they are purported to be nice young men.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oopsies. Fits the bill.

There's gotta be some North Polk grads in here that could tell us all about him.
Looks to have quite a few citations in his past.
(And we all know he's reading this right now)

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
There was someone trying to say that Kansas and UCLA were not in fact blue blood programs and therefore XF was not truly a top tier player lol.

So iowa cant even land in state lifelong fans that are not bluebloods?

Rough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.