Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Oh I'm absolutely not calling their coach or their administration racist. I'm saying that I've seen a lot of posts on the Iowa message boards bringing up race. This thread was started to show reactions of Iowa fans, and I quoted someone who posted about a reaction made by a Hawkeye fan on one of their boards.

No worries... I'd just hate to take the shine away from our recruiting win over some ignorant moron hawk fan. I think that's redundant though...

• Winner
Reactions: ISUalways

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No worries... I'd just hate to take the shine away from our recruiting win over some ignorant moron hawk fan. I think that's redundant though...
Oh I'm not trying to take shine away at all. This was a huge win for Iowa State's basketball program in every way you look at it.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
had a few that went from Iowa to undecided and then back to Iowa yesterday.

The Iowa guys didn't know either way the whole time even though they thought they finally did yesterday. In fairness, even our best Cyclone sources were in agreement with that yesterday.

I believe @cytown stayed steady that nothing had changed this weekend but everyone else with sources and a track record seemed to think he was Iowa bound.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There was someone trying to say that Kansas and UCLA were not in fact blue blood programs and therefore XF was not truly a top tier player lol.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins
L

LincolnWay187

Now XF just has to take out the iowa band and his training will be complete. Welcome to the dark side. Goood

Reactions: BigTurk

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
When I was teaching at ISU, I definitely got "the talk" about who you can discuss things about a student's performance with... and it was a very short list...

-- the student themselves (not their parents, these are college students)
-- the departmental academic adviser
-- their academic adviser (if not a major in the department)
-- the department chair

Discuss it with the department chair before even considering talking to somebody else about it, including people from the central headquarters of the college.

That it is.

Anything else is a serious violation of policy on your part.

I don't get it, either. Prohm is a boy scout if there ever was one.

This is correct. She just violated FERPA.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
When I looked at 247 this morning just minutes after the announcement, there were 7 or 8 total crystal balls, all of which were pointed to Iowa.

Which made the whole thing even funnier to me.

This couldn’t have been any worse for Fran. Reaching big time on two recruits to try and get Foster. Even if he got Foster, that was a huge mistake because Foster isn’t that great of a recruit to do that for. Then to lose a huge Iowa fan to ISU and finally he is now stuck with those two unheralded recruits. Just a giant swing and a miss. Hoping that he gets canned soon, but not holding my breath with Barta running the show.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
The really neat thing is those guys still appreciate ISU and stay in contact with the team. I think the BB alumni thing Prohm does every summer is going to pay dividends down the road. Great day for the Foster's, Prohm and the staff.
Yeah, agree 100%. Not sure what Iowa does for this. However, beyond some really good players from the Lute, Raveling and Davis eras (80s-90s), I think the last 15 or so years would be made up of a bunch of white dudes from Iowa/the Midwest who gave up basketball shortly after college graduation and are now working for Morgan Stanley.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I agree:
Kirk has done an amazing job of finding and developing OL, so that point is valid. But if all those guys were sure fire NBA players when the came to ISU then, well, they wouldn't have come to ISU. They would have gone to Kentucky, or Kansas, or North Carolina. Both guys are good at finding talent that others have overlooked for the most part.
Yeah. And the fact that Monte actually did NOT start right away during his Frosh year (was behind Kane), would also refute the crap that some are spouting.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We only got Foster because he's black....according to this post on HR:

This is the elephant in the room no one wants to address.

If Foster were white, it's possible his family ties to Iowa would have made a difference. People can scoff at this all they want, but race still unfortunately matters in this country.

Fran lands plenty of top rated white kids. Outside of Tyler Cook, though, not a lot of black kids coming in with other P5 offers. I suppose if the Top 100 were compromised of plenty of white kids that wouldn't be an issue. But that isn't the case.
Oh god, no. That has to be taken down by now, right?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This couldn’t have been any worse for Fran. Reaching big time on two recruits to try and get Foster. Even if he got Foster, that was a huge mistake because Foster isn’t that great of a recruit to do that for. Then to lose a huge Iowa fan to ISU and finally he is now stuck with those two unheralded recruits. Just a giant swing and a miss. Hoping that he gets canned soon, but not holding my breath with Barta running the show.

And deep down, it appears that Foster really wanted a reason to go to Iowa. He grew up an Iowa fan and his mom is an Iowa fan. But it turns out that he is a smart kid who knows his future is better at a school that prepares basketball players for their professional career. And he knew that he liked the Iowa State players better than sons of Fran.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Wieskamp and Garza this year and JBo and Garza next year will hold the ship together enough to prevent a disaster season. These last couple recruiting classes will be felt big time 2 years down the road though. I will say, as much as Iowa fans on this site accused Twins and others of trolling on this subject, there's sure a whole lot of smoke that other players/recruits don't like the McCaffery boys.

Reactions: heitclone

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
He started later on in the year. Fred had said how he couldn't afford to keep Morris on the bench.
Yeah - hence my use of the phrase "right away." He obviously had amazing ability - but Fred, and then Prohm, maximized his strengths - helped him develop his skills even more. Had Monte played at Iowa?...just looking at the history of PG play and development under Fran, I am not so sure Man Man would have been drafted.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have another quote for anyone that is still reading these.. When talking about the Murray twins, someone said "They're likely solid starting/role players" and "They will come in more polished than most freshman and even Foster for that matter"

My. God.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I wonder who Barta would hire if he fired Fran

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wieskamp and Garza this year and JBo and Garza next year will hold the ship together enough to prevent a disaster season. These last couple recruiting classes will be felt big time 2 years down the road though. I will say, as much as Iowa fans on this site accused Twins and others of trolling on this subject, there's sure a whole lot of smoke that other players/recruits don't like the McCaffery boys.

Not saying it will happen but Wieskamp could go pro and J-Bo could be a grad transfer with options for tourney level teams. Then we'd get to see McCaffery boys as starters for his dad.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron