Harrison Barnes Sitting Behind KU Bench?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
With this kids talent he will get plenty of playing time anywhere he goes. Duke, KU and NC included. I just can't see any possible scenario in which he stays in Ames. It just would not make sense.

I know someone who may disagree with you-

chewbacca.gif

Oh wait, I'm confused... :confused:

Reactions: Erik4Cy

ICclone23

Nov 9, 2008
Iowa City
Going to Carolina or Duke is a chance of a lifetime. The only thing we have to offer is unlimited playing time, which could play a factor. At North Carolina or Duke or even Kansas for that matter he is not a guranteed starter. Also, Barnes plays for the All Iowa Attack team- and AAU Basketball team coached by Jake Sullivan. People have told me Sullivan is telling Barnes to go to Carolina or Duke, which is hurting us since he is an ISU grad. And also people have told me Barnes has a close relationship with his mother, and she wants him to stay close to home which could also play a factor...

Agree with almost everything you said, except for one thing: Harrison starts from day 1 wherever he goes. He is going to be a consensus top 5 recruit and as I look at all the top 5 recruits over the past 7 years everyone of them have started and big significant contributers wherever they go. Not to mention Harrison is too smart to go to a school with a couple of other studs at his position where he wouldn't get all the tick he wants.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
To get to his seats, make sure you have:

a) an oxygen mask
b) a Tom Tom
c) Tang

d) A Sherpa

Sounds like Erik's seats are near mine.

It also wouldn't hurt to load up on Powersauce Bars...

ir5myg.png

Last edited:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I wanted to say Mountain Goat but knew CycloneErik would be all over that in a heartbeat. Then I couldn't figure out if Sherpa was an "e" or an "i" and he already went spelling police on me once tonight.

I've got your back on that one, I'm am a exellent speeler!

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I sit in 207. I may have to scoot over to say hey to some of you next game. What row? I'll be the guy with the beard. Trust me, when you see me, you'll get it.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I sit in 207. I may have to scoot over to say hey to some of you next game. What row? I'll be the guy with the beard. Trust me, when you see me, you'll get it.

I'm in 207 row 11 seats 1-4. I have moved closer for a few of the recent games, but I don't always. I'll probably be sitting there when conference starts for sure.