Harrison Barnes Sitting Behind KU Bench?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
ok, just wondering what the sources of the two people who claimed that we are out of it and trust me he's going to carolina posts are. my best guess is you are both just used to the usual cyclone stuff, getting screwed over and all, but i'd like to know if you have a source or if you're just pessimistic?

I'm good friends with multiple basketball players :smile:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
There is a lot of stuff I don't agree with Tornadoman on, but here we are on the same page.

I fully expect him to be a Cyclone as well.

cyclones357

Dec 12, 2008
Iowa
Going to Carolina or Duke is a chance of a lifetime. The only thing we have to offer is unlimited playing time, which could play a factor. At North Carolina or Duke or even Kansas for that matter he is not a guranteed starter. Also, Barnes plays for the All Iowa Attack team- and AAU Basketball team coached by Jake Sullivan. People have told me Sullivan is telling Barnes to go to Carolina or Duke, which is hurting us since he is an ISU grad. And also people have told me Barnes has a close relationship with his mother, and she wants him to stay close to home which could also play a factor...

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
[ok, just wondering what the sources of the two people who claimed that we are out of it and trust me he's going to carolina posts are. my best guess is you are both just used to the usual cyclone stuff, getting screwed over and all, but i'd like to know if you have a source or if you're just pessimistic?

My brother-in-law talks to Mac on a weekly basis. It doesn't sound good.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
My brother-in-law talks to Mac on a weekly basis. It doesn't sound good.

I go to the same dentist as Mac and he also has HB on his facebook and he says we still have a very good shot. We just need to win the NC this year. :wink:

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
Going to Carolina or Duke is a chance of a lifetime. The only thing we have to offer is unlimited playing time, which could play a factor. At North Carolina or Duke or even Kansas for that matter he is not a guranteed starter. Also, Barnes plays for the All Iowa Attack team- and AAU Basketball team coached by Jake Sullivan. People have told me Sullivan is telling Barnes to go to Carolina or Duke, which is hurting us since he is an ISU grad. And also people have told me Barnes has a close relationship with his mother, and she wants him to stay close to home which could also play a factor...

Can KU get his Mother a cushy job? You know, $80,000 grand a year being a liason or organizer or coordinator or something? It happens. KU is so hurtn', I can't stand those arrogant red legs.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
If Harrison Barnes commits to Iowa State this year then I am really gonna start jumping onto Seattle's "2009: Year of the Cyclone" campaign.

If he does come to Iowa State I think he would get even MORE unbelievable fan support than Lucca. I'd drive to games against SE MO ST just to see him play!

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Or they could hire his mom as an assistant and then let her step down when Harrison goes pro...(see Mario Chalmers, and his father)

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
With this kids talent he will get plenty of playing time anywhere he goes. Duke, KU and NC included. I just can't see any possible scenario in which he stays in Ames. It just would not make sense.