Harrison Barnes breaks down top 6-will visit UNC over labor day weekend

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Harrison Barnes full of praise for schools on his list | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register
— North Carolina: "I was a big Michael Jordan fan. After visiting there, the university really stands on its own."

— Duke: "They have a great education. They have a great business school that could set me up after basketball."

- Kansas: "It's close to home and there's a great tradition there. Coach Bill Self has great player-coach relations."— Oklahoma: "They're one of the hottest stocks right now. They've been bringing in great recruits. They definitely have a lot of my interest."

— UCLA: "They've been in three Final Fours in the last four years. They know how to win."

— Iowa State: "They've been bringing in some big- time players."

Spam

May 21, 2008
Why do people do business as an undergrad major? Do something specialized and then get your MBA at Duke after playing professional basketball, Harrison (NBA, Development League, European bball...whatever).
Undergraduate business programs won't help you learn "business", Mr. Barnes!

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Why do people do business as an undergrad major? Do something specialized and then get your MBA at Duke after playing professional basketball, Harrison (NBA, Development League, European bball...whatever).

Technically NOT true. MBA will not help you get into the field of business. MBA will help you advance in BUSINESS field. If you have Engineering degree, do you think Accounting Firm will hire you? I dont think so.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I'm telling you right now Harrison Barnes is never going to use his degree regardless of where he gets it from.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I thought he wasn't going to do Campus Visits during the Fall. I thought he said, "I'm going there to play Basketball, not Football".

cy2win

May 15, 2006
I'm telling you right now Harrison Barnes is never going to use his degree regardless of where he gets it from.

He might if he majors in Finance with an emphasis on real estate. :wink:

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Considering he'll probably have 40+ million in the bank, not much. Coaching, broadcasting, scouting, spend time with family, etc.
Exactly. Good for him for wanting to get a degree but he isn't going to be using it much. If I were him I'd choose the college that would do the best job of enhancing my NBA future.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Considering he'll probably have 40+ million in the bank, not much. Coaching, broadcasting, scouting, spend time with family, etc.

Maybe he wants to be a GM. A business degree sure would help

Maybe he gets hurt and doesn't make anything

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

I don't know.

But I do know that you cannot get an undergraduate degree in business from Duke. We took a campus visit to Duke with my son last year. Apparently, he (Barnes) was not paying much attention while at Duke. Or maybe he just heard what he wanted to hear.

Now, Duke's graduate program in business (the Fuqua School of Business) is a top program...that is without question.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Nap a lot and roll around in all the cash he made in the NBA.

This. This was exactly the first thing that popped into my head. He could also hang around the Iowa State program and invest some money in the school that set him up to be the #1 pick in the NBA Draft. :yes:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
The HB thing was out of hand a year ago. Now it is really getting out of hand. I don't care what decision he makes anymore as long as he makes one.

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
If I had been living in a cave and knew nothing else about his recruitment.....I'd say those comments favor KU.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

And you know this because you have an undergrad degree in....?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron