HA! How pathetic!

GoState

Jun 4, 2006
Beaverdale
I can't believe that I'm justifying this, but I had people over during the game. What more should I do? Should I go to the bar on the worst possible night to be on the road? Would I then be cool and acceptable?

Can you get those people to confirm that you were actually watching the Insight Bowl and not a replay of Iowa v. OSU or NW?

Be happy -- it's a new year and ISU just won a bowl game! :yes:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
If this post weren't dripping with so much sarcasm I would nominate it for the "Outlandish post of the year award".

Just to clarify, "Little brother" is associated with LESS success....not more.

Hawkeye fans are threatened by Iowa State's success way more than the other way around. Thus they act like little brothers

Now Cyclone fans may pay attention just as much to Iowa but I don't think they get as upset when Iowa wins. Hawk fans were ****** that Iowa State won yesterday.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Hawkeye fans are threatened by Iowa State's success way more than the other way around. Thus they act like little brothers

Now Cyclone fans may pay attention just as much to Iowa but I don't think they get as upset when Iowa wins. Hawk fans were ****** that Iowa State won yesterday.

That's not 100% true and you know it :no:

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009

I really doubt that most Hawkeye fans cared at all that ISU won yesterday. In fact most of us didn't even know ISU won until seeing it in today's paper this morning.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You know what is really pathetic? You checking the Iowa boards and posting this after the completion of a great season for ISU. Especially it being NYE. Do you not have family and friends to celebrate the new year with so you must post stuff online about how Iowa fans laughed at the ISU game? That sounds pretty pathetic to me.

I've already explained myself, Hillary. If you would have read further than the first post, you'd have seen that. What else is pathetic is that you, as a hok fan, feel the need to come onto a Cyclone forum to attempt to belittle Cyclone fans. Thanks for being the poster child.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I really doubt that most Hawkeye fans cared at all that ISU won yesterday. In fact most of us didn't even know ISU won until seeing it in today's paper this morning.

Gotta couple turds in your pocket or something? I don't believe that for one second, but I guess integrity is just a word with no meaning to some.

RHillman

Sep 11, 2009
I've already explained myself, Hillary. If you would have read further than the first post, you'd have seen that. What else is pathetic is that you, as a hok fan, feel the need to come onto a Cyclone forum to attempt to belittle Cyclone fans. Thanks for being the poster child.

Oh the lame attempts at a personal attack. You used Hok, nice. Never have I seen that before. Have you forgotten that you used to post regularly on hawkeye report until you were banned? Its funny you call me out for visiting this site when you do the exact same thing. Have fun spending next NYE in front of the computer screen again!

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa

I don't think that's true, in fact I'm guessing most Hawk fans watched the game (even if it was to root for the Big Ten to win)

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh the lame attempts at a personal attack. You used Hok, nice. Never have I seen that before. Have you forgotten that you used to post regularly on hawkeye report until you were banned? Its funny you call me out for visiting this site when you do the exact same thing. Have fun spending next NYE in front of the computer screen again!

Say what you will, Hillary. There are many other hok forums out there that I could be on, but I'm not. It hurts my feelings none that I got the ban hammer over there. None.

By the way, I'll be in Afghanistan next NYE. So, yeah.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
I don't think that's true, in fact I'm guessing most Hawk fans watched the game (even if it was to root for the Big Ten to win)

I sincerely doubt that most Hawkeye fans saw the game yesterday. First of all the NFL network is not exactly a household network. Secondly there were more interesting games on than ISU-Minnesota. I saw the score in today's paper around 10:30 this morning and I'm betting the majority of Iowa fans were probably the same way.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
Gotta couple turds in your pocket or something? I don't believe that for one second, but I guess integrity is just a word with no meaning to some.

Integrity? Now paying attention to a bowl game between two 6-6 teams is a matter of integrity??

Good grief.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I sincerely doubt that most Hawkeye fans saw the game yesterday. First of all the NFL network is not exactly a household network. Secondly there were more interesting games on than ISU-Minnesota. I saw the score in today's paper around 10:30 this morning and I'm betting the majority of Iowa fans were probably the same way.

1) ABC 5 picked up the game, so whoever has that channel could have watched the game (and for those that didn't and were out at a bar, I'm guessing the game was on)

2) There was 1 other game on (that was nearing it's conclusion) and 1 other one that started while ISU/Minny was on (and that was a blowout)

3) As I stated earlier, Hawk fans had an interest with it being Iowa State AND them playing a conference school.

I know you're trolling here but right now you're floundering

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Integrity? Now paying attention to a bowl game between two 6-6 teams is a matter of integrity??

Good grief.

Lying. Then, saying that most hok fans didn't even know who won the game until reading about it this morning. A blatant lie. Therefore, I played the integrity card. Show some.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
1) ABC 5 picked up the game, so whoever has that channel could have watched the game (and for those that didn't and were out at a bar, I'm guessing the game was on)

2) There was 1 other game on (that was nearing it's conclusion) and 1 other one that started while ISU/Minny was on (and that was a blowout)

3) As I stated earlier, Hawk fans had an interest with it being Iowa State AND them playing a conference school.

I know you're trolling here but right now you're floundering

Well, not exactly. The game was not broadcast on any of the Quad City networks, nor was it picked up by any of the Omaha networks. I live in Davenport and it was not on there. I am visiting family in the Council Bluffs area and it was not available here either. Maybe a Des Moines ABC network picked it up but it was not available on either the western or eastern side of the state.

I don't know what time the ISU game was played but we were tuned into the Tennessee- VaTech game that was a very good game until the 4th Qtr. Not sure if that was the blowout you were referring to.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
Lying. Then, saying that most hok fans didn't even know who won the game until reading about it this morning. A blatant lie. Therefore, I played the integrity card. Show some.

"most hok fans didn't even know who won the game until reading about it this morning. A blatant lie."

You are calling this a lie?? Good grief. Can you prove that this is a lie? I acknowledge that it could be wrong, (I don't think so but it could be) but a blatant lie?

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
37-14 was a good game? 14-13 seems like a much closer game to watch but we're getting off track. Iowa fans that were able to watch the game I'm sure tuned in and even if they "stopped watching" when the other game was on why wouldn't they have been scoreboard watching? You're making it sound just because your little party didn't watch the game that no other Hawkeye fans did and that isn't accurate. Look at the threads on hawkeyereport, hawkhuddle, hawkeyelounge and hawkeyenation about the game, plenty of Hawk fans were watching the game.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Well, not exactly. The game was not broadcast on any of the Quad City networks, nor was it picked up by any of the Omaha networks. I live in Davenport and it was not on there. I am visiting family in the Council Bluffs area and it was not available here either. Maybe a Des Moines ABC network picked it up but it was not available on either the western or eastern side of the state.

I don't know what time the ISU game was played but we were tuned into the Tennessee- VaTech game that was a very good game until the 4th Qtr. Not sure if that was the blowout you were referring to.

Cox cable in Omaha (also available in CB) carries the NFL network so it was not difficult to find the game available in the Omaha metro area.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
Cox cable in Omaha (also available in CB) carries the NFL network so it was not difficult to find the game available in the Omaha metro area.

Obviously it could be found available in Omaha somewhere. I am quite aware that the game was broadcast on the NFL network and damn near every sports bar is going to have it. My family is not in the Omaha metro, does not have the NFL network and the ABC network that do have did not pick the game up. I had absolutely no interest in making much of an effort to watch the ISU-Minnesota game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron