HA! How pathetic!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Iowa State won there game....I know Iowa fans rooted for them to win, I think we should back Iowa also. ONLY because they dont play ISU. Iowa wins....it means nothing to us, but shows comeradery for the state of Iowa

I'll pass on backing iowa for there bowl game, cause the majority of the hawk fans i know, and seen posting and saying stuff, were definitely not cheering for isu.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
I'll pass on backing iowa for there bowl game, cause the majority of the hawk fans i know, and seen posting and saying stuff, were definitely not cheering for isu.

You post on internet message boards. I bet a few of your friends do too. The posters you see posting also post on these boards. It's good to keep that in mind if you ever indulge in speaking generally about Iowa fans (which you didn't do). As for your preference in the Orange Bowl, I don't blame ISU fans for wanting an Iowa loss in a marquee game.

Having said that, a lot of Hawk fans choose the Big 10 over Iowa State. I don't, but I did want Minnesota to get a field goal with 4 minutes left. I also wanted Arnaud and the kicking game to win the game for ISU. I'm willing to take risks on the outcome for my own amusement.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

Most of us weren't cheering for Minnesota either, if that helps you feel better. It was a bad decision either way you went, but a Minnesota win would have helped the Big 10.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Most of us weren't cheering for Minnesota either, if that helps you feel better. It was a bad decision either way you went, but a Minnesota win would have helped the Big 10.

With what? More air time on ESPN? More 'conference prestige'? I was as happy as a pig in mud watching Navy rip Moo U a new one. It's not like the money is any different.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

How can you know that?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Because Minnesota sucks, and their coach is one of the worst in the conference. Still, a win is a win, and I'd be willing to be that most Iowa fans would rather have seen Minnesota win.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis???

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

TarHeelHawk said:
Because Minnesota sucks, and their coach is one of the worst in the conference. Still, a win is a win, and I'd be willing to be that most Iowa fans would rather have seen Minnesota win

Que?

Can't have that cake and eat it too.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Que?

Can't have that cake and eat it too.

Let me clarify. I have just as much of a hate for Minnesota as you do for Iowa. That being said, I really had no interest in who won that game, as Iowa handled both of those team rather easily and allowed a combined 3 points in both games.

That being said, I still would rather have seen Minnesota win that game. Doesn't mean I gave a **** one way or the other. The rooting "interest" was clearly conference based.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Let me clarify. I have just as much of a hate for Minnesota as you do for Iowa. That being said, I really had no interest in who won that game, as Iowa handled both of those team rather easily and allowed a combined 3 points in both games.

That being said, I still would rather have seen Minnesota win that game. Doesn't mean I gave a **** one way or the other. The rooting "interest" was clearly conference based.

You don't have as much 'hate' (your word) for MN as many do for Iowa .... because you still rooted for them for the 12 minutes you watched the game. You see, there isn't a minute I can root for Iowa ... Not one. THAT is the level of 'hate' ....

recently, it has been a lot of, I didn't watch, didn't know, wasn't cheering, was cheering .... usually I have a term for those that can't keep their stories straight.

I am going to a GT/Iowa bowl party tomorrow night. I was invited and the hosts know I will be rooting for GT ... with respect... but rooting. If I didn't root for GT, they would want to know what is wrong with me.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
You don't have as much 'hate' (your word) for MN as many do for Iowa .... because you still rooted for them for the 12 minutes you watched the game. You see, there isn't a minute I can root for Iowa ... Not one. THAT is the level of 'hate' ....

recently, it has been a lot of, I didn't watch, didn't know, wasn't cheering, was cheering .... usually I have a term for those that can't keep their stories straight.

I am going to a GT/Iowa bowl party tomorrow night. I was invited and the hosts know I will be rooting for GT ... with respect... but rooting. If I didn't root for GT, they would want to know what is wrong with me.

Of course I don't. Rooting is too strong of a word to use, but about the only one that fits. I will say that I was so concerned about this game that I went out to Maxie's to eat dinner.

You see, that's how I feel about ISU...even when they're playing Minnesota. Please don't get this image in your head of me jumping around cheering for the Gophers. During their last drive, I was wondering which team was going to screw it up. ISU by allowing a team with no offense to drive the length of the field, or Minnesota? Turned out to be Minnesota.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Of course I don't. Rooting is too strong of a word to use, but about the only one that fits. I will say that I was so concerned about this game that I went out to Maxie's to eat dinner.

You see, that's how I feel about ISU...even when they're playing Minnesota. Please don't get this image in your head of me jumping around cheering for the Gophers. During their last drive, I was wondering which team was going to screw it up. ISU by allowing a team with no offense to drive the length of the field, or Minnesota? Turned out to be Minnesota.

I guess I have a hard time understanding why you have 6700 posts in less than a year and a half on the message board of a team you claim not to care about. Either: A) you care about ISU and are lying or B) you really have nothing better to do. One of these has to be true.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I guess I have a hard time understanding why you have 6700 posts in less than a year and a half on the message board of a team you claim not to care about. Either: A) you care about ISU and are lying or B) you really have nothing better to do. One of these has to be true.

It doesn't just have to be one of them. It could be both.

QuickQuestion

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Take a break TarHeel, the troops are rallied tonight, just go relax and do something else for a while. Go hang out on HR, it's not this big of a deal.