Greg McDermott on KXNO today at

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
McDermott just said that Haluska has been our most consistent defender except for Rahshon Clark.

Some people on here say he is the worst defender on our team. Interesting.

I'll take GMac's opinion.

Some people can't get beyond the name or the family.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
30% for entire schedule (9games) for a medical redshirt

j_crow

Oct 24, 2007
Ames, IA
Mac on Wes: The good news is Wes really wanted to practice on Monday; the medical people want him to wait until tomorrow. Everyone responds to different injuries in different ways. First time Mac has seen this injury in 19 years...has no precedent for time-table. We'll learn a lot over the next week to ten days; then Wes and his family need to make a decision about his future. He can help us if he's 60%-70%, but it's not fair to him to say he should play; athletes have the right to four years. He can play in 9 games and we can apply for medical hardship...it's not guaranteed though. Might have to have it scoped if it's determined he can't play.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Lucca: concall on 18th with appeals committee, not from the NCAA. AD, JAD, GM and Lucca on call. i think lucca will feel better having his voice heard

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
If you are in the market for anything musically related, go to Professional Music Center in Clive. Or if you are concerned about too much chlorine in your water, give my friend Boyd a call at 27-6250...now, back to the text pirating ;)

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I could care less about the name, but defense is more than on the ball defending. Players need to deny the passing lane and play help defense, Haluska does not do this... If that is our defensive philosophy we will get killed by good big men or teams that can shoot the three...

j_crow

Oct 24, 2007
Ames, IA
If you are in the market for anything musically related, go to Professional Music Center in Clive. Or if you are concerned about too much chlorine in your water, give my friend Boyd a call at 27-6250...now, back to the text pirating ;)

Jon...surely your full attention is on the interview and not on CF? :wink:

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

hahahaha.

-keep

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Jesus, I get really tired of this. I have nothing against Haluska, I don't blame him for transferring, and I am very happy he found a comfortable place for himself and a spot in the NBA. My opinion on Sean has nothing to do with Adam and it never will. This is something Haluska defenders love throwing out there when they can't accept the fact that some people don't like what they see on the court.

I've come around on Haluska's defense. I don't think he's bad at it. He does get away with a lot of playground stuff (holding the jersey, etc) but that's part of the game. However, if the defense he plays is what we can expect in the future from the program I'll put my championship expectations on hold.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I actually recorded it this morning, to work into Greg's schedule.

Suuuure, so you could edit out the wrestling questions after it was brought up here.......:biglaugh:

-keep.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
McDermott just said that Haluska has been our most consistent defender except for Rahshon Clark.

Some people on here say he is the worst defender on our team. Interesting.

i am one that thinks he is one of our better defenders.. just got screwed on a few calls

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Thanks for the updates... Wouldn't you know that I needed to inspect the heater guys work and pay him during the interview...

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

I think it's that and someone might be specifically watching him on a play, and they see him make a msitake, and then the idea that he is an awful defender is implanted into their minds. Same thing with if they make a great defensive play. We have people on this board praising the defense of Haluska and Boozer and also people who say they don't have a clue what's going on out there.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA

I wish I could afford to call Boyd.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I could care less about the name, but defense is more than on the ball defending. Players need to deny the passing lane and play help defense, Haluska does not do this... If that is our defensive philosophy we will get killed by good big men or teams that can shoot the three...

Hard to do this all the time in man to man or box in one deny defenses. Your perception of his futility in this area - and it seems to be mostly yours - is often a consequence of what his assignment is.

Feel free to include yourself in my comment of "some people". I didn't say "who".

Again, I'll take GMac's opinion of the situation.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

So now you are smarter than McDerrmott? What does it take for you to admit you are clearly wrong?

When Haluska is in, he is usually guarding the other teams best outside shooter, in which case you want him to stick to his man, not sag off.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Again, I'll take GMac's opinion of the situation.

Whaaaaaat?? You will take the opinion of Iowa State's head basketball coach who has been coaching his whole life over anonymous internet message board posters?? What is this world coming to...

Help Support Us

Become a patron