Grant Rohach to start vs. TCU

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
A little surprised everyone is this worked up over it. They looked identical to me Saturday so I don't really care. I'm not holding out much hope but maybe a week with the 1's will make Grant a little bit better on gameday.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
We need to dump the running QB Dumpster Fire. Find one that can pass and run the O, leave the running to the RB's.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
what is wrong with this coaching staff? come on PR step up and take control now

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
A little surprised everyone is this worked up over it. They looked identical to me Saturday so I don't really care. I'm not holding out much hope but maybe a week with the 1's will make Grant a little bit better on gameday.

I tenatively agree with you, however my main concern is Grant turns the ball over an awful lot although his sample size is small.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
At least Sam gets healthy so when they inevitably pull Rohach and put Sam back in, he might have a chance of doing something.

If this is just more of last year, I'm going to be livid.

Are you telling me you're not already? I have been livid for 5 weeks.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Who is this Coach Caligula of whom you speak? I think he and Mangino could make a good offensive coaching pair.

Mangino as Hedonism Bot:

images

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
To make it fair, Rohach better run zone-read plays half of the game like Richardson did the first 2-3 games of the season and keep the ball 2/3 to 3/4 of the time and get hammered. Then it will be a fair comparison.

While not world-beaters, it is neither Richardson's nor Rohach's fault. We had some growth & progression up to the Texas game, but it is the kind you'd expect to have from the Spring game up until the 1st game (UNI), but it was there. Realizing Wimberly was the man at tailback also was far too late. We desperately need someone having true experience and results with QBs, not what we have had over the past few years.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Some of the players have been tweeting about a shooting on campus? Seriously, look at Jacques Washington's tweets. Doubt its from the depth chart, I dont think they really care about football anymore.

This proves you have no idea what you are talking about

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
If this coincides with shuffling of responsibilities within the offensive coaches for the next game, then I might be able to to see some justification. If not & this is Mess's call, I am more disappointed than I was before (and I did not think that possible).

There were threads earlier this season as to where the OC was during the game: the sideline or the booth. Right now, I'd prefer if the OC was home so he could switch back and forth from the game and ESPN with Sportscenter, ESPN News, or Lifetime.

Speechless. I think our offensive staff is so grasping at straws, they will do anything at this point. This is the move of an OC and QB Coach facing the firing squad. DESPERATION. It's just sick. Deja vu. Both QBs are going to have their confidence pulverized out of them. I wish I could say I am shocked, but I'm not. This OC is crumbling before our eyes. It's sad and a self-fulfilling death spiral of suckitude. We will be fortunate if there aren't a bunch of transfers.

I'd be very surprised if this was the OC's call. He may have pushed for it, but the HC makes the call.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
With CPR being a defensive coach by nature we absolutely need a good offensive mind at OC to run the offense. Even bigger than that, I think we need a really good QB coach. Mess did a good job with his position groups before getting the OC/QB coach job. I just don't think he's got the skill set to succeed in that position.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
This proves you have no idea what you are talking about

I think that guy was incorrectly assuming there was a rogue gunman or something and they would be more worried about their life at this point.

It was a truck that ran onto campus and the police are the ones that fired, as far as I can tell so far.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Why does it always have to be one or the other? I wish it were as simple as fire the OC, swap in a new QB. This obviously goes a lot deeper than just a bad play call or one missed receiver. There were a lot of dropped balls on Saturday as well. Plus obvious playcalling miscues on 3rd and 1.

To me, this is just grasping at straws by the coaching staff, which is probably the worst indictment of them. Why not give some other receivers a shot, do we even have any other linemen? God I wish that the QB was the only problem to our woes.

no no no, don't get me wrong. The play calling has me bewildered as well, but when you can't execute the easy stuff, it just makes it worse.

And by the way, why are we trying to get a first down on the first play after getting a penalty every time? Oh no, it's 1st and 15, better chuck it downfield....SMH

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We need to dump the running QB Dumpster Fire. Find one that can pass and run the O, leave the running to the RB's.

I pretty much agree. Sam will never be 100% for his career if he runs this much.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
With CPR being a defensive coach by nature we absolutely need a good offensive mind at OC to run the offense. Even bigger than that, I think we need a really good QB coach. Mess did a good job with his position groups before getting the OC/QB coach job. I just don't think he's got the skill set to succeed in that position.

I'm going to go with, "FALSE".