Grant Rohach to start vs. TCU

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
None of this qb rotation stuff started until the season was already lost anyway. Does it really matter at this point? Just allow Sam to rest and bide time until next year.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Somebody who is good with PhotoShop needs to get a picture of a meatgrinder with hamburger coming out and insert the pictures of the current/recent ISU QBs being fed into the top...
How about this one:
MeatGrinder.png

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm not necessarily against this. I think GR got better from the previous time he played. And if the receiver didn't keep dropping the ball and bouncing it to receivers, things look a bit better.

*I'm trying to be optimistic here.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Is it lack of talent at QB or is it gameplan/scheme/coaching that is the reason for our ineptness at QB?

I'm starting to think its the latter. We saw glimpses from Jantz, Barnett, and Sam but ultimately all of them started playing poorly and lost their starting job. It's almost a carbon copy for each. That tells me its coaching and development, not the player.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Wow, nothing like throwing Grant to the wolves. Letting him have his first start againt probably the top passing defense in the big12, with no help from running backs, and a patchwork O-line. Got get 'em, killer. Or go get killed, one of the two.

Might as well have Lanning and Hodge take snaps with the 1's this week, as well. Why not get them all prepared for the future demoralization of playing in this offense. Mess can even throw them under the bus at the next interview, as well, so they can get used to that.

Liked for this part, specifically.

Get those guys watching Sportscenter so they know what they are supposed to be doing.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Perception??? That's not the word I would use.

Right, but generally you don't just wave your weenie right out in the air...you try and hide your incompetence...this just openly looks like they're admitting that the best fix they have is to hang it on SR's shoulders...but hey, they've been doing that all season.

Again, I'm not saying the players are without fault, but the problems with this offense are much bigger than whatever QB is stuck out there to run for his life and then get chided for poor completion percentage when he's worried how soon he's going to get trucked from behind and the receivers are also dropping balls.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
So the Sam Richardson Era as a starter finishes 1-10?

At least spice up the games a bit. On the jumbo tron show Sam and Grant playing paper rock scissors each series to see who goes in.

I take it the loser has to go in then.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Trey Scott ‏@All_Cyclones 39s Reverse. Rhoads says there's still a chance Sam Richardson will start. Depends on practice.

Cyclone Football ‏@CycloneFB 45s
Coach Rhoads on starting QB: Right now I don't know who could be the starter. It could be Sam who runs out or it could be Grant.

Yeah! Try gameplanning for that mind **** Patterson!! Boo Yah!!

Or...I don't know who's going to start because Courtney and I are no longer on speaking terms once I told him he could finish out the season and then he gone.

:pwink:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
th

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Rohach has a higher ceiling than Richardson. Richardson has been meh all season.

He certainly has the potential to have a lot more turnovers, that's for sure.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this point, just again, it's another one of those terms that seems to get thrown around here a lot. I remember that was the big plus of Steele Jantz, but similarly, he couldn't hold on to the ball. I think the biggest problem is that we've had a couple of QBs with a decent ceiling ahead of them, but this staff just doesn't seem to be the one to develop them. They certainly couldn't take the turnover out of Steele, so until they show me otherwise, I'm going to assume we've seen the best out of Rohach we are going to see, until we find someone who can coach a QB up.

Let's not forget, all the talk was on Richardson not that long ago. "Wait until he starts, he's the guy of the future." Then he starts off with a breakout game. And that was probably his best game to date. I still think a lot of this is on the guys coaching these QBs. No one gets better.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This. I dont think its a slap at Richardson at all. Give the guy some time to heal up. He wont ever get that chance with nagging injuries if you continue to throw him out there. This season is wasted. Heal the broken.

Saving Sam for KU game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Is it lack of talent at QB or is it gameplan/scheme/coaching that is the reason for our ineptness at QB?

I'm starting to think its the latter. We saw glimpses from Jantz, Barnett, and Sam but ultimately all of them started playing poorly and lost their starting job. It's almost a carbon copy for each. That tells me its coaching and development, not the player.

At this point, it sounds highly plausible.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

The odds are that it isn't every single QB we throw out there. Coaching is a common factor for all of them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron