Grant Rohach to start vs. TCU

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Listening to the postgame, Richardson lost the job, not due to injury. Lost the job to a guy that worse than him, this is new to me.

He played plenty bad enough to lose the job on multiple occasions this year.... I'm just not sure Rohach played any better or is an actual improvement.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I'd rather see Sam out there but IMO the straw that broke the camels back was the 3rd down play where the protection broke down and Sam scrambled to his right, I think a LB came up to leave his coverage to hit Sam and someone (Daley?) was wide open about 15 yards down the field and Sam completely failed at being able to just lob the ball to him and overthrew him by 10 yards.

In fact IIRC that was his last snap.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Man, Rhoads needs to get someone on staff who can handle an offense, and specifically QBs for him. By far the #1 problem in our program.

It's far past not being a positive, it is a huge negative.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I'd rather see Sam out there but IMO the straw that broke the camels back was the 3rd down play where the protection broke down and Sam scrambled to his right, I think a LB came up to leave his coverage to hit Sam and someone (Daley?) was wide open about 15 yards down the field and Sam completely failed at being able to just lob the ball to him and overthrew him by 10 yards.

In fact IIRC that was his last snap.
It was coleman

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Why not let him play?! Give Grant some more time to develop. This season is in the s****er anyways so might as well try some things.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Honestly, I'm done calling people idiots who are constantly asking for the back-up. I used to really hate these people, but honestly, I'm starting to feel like our fanbase knows at least as much as this coaching staff does about Quarterbacks. Probably more. This is a complete joke. I really don't give a darn who the QB is, but lets pick one and roll with him This battle of the bad crap is getting annoying.

I'm actually surprised more highly touted QBs don't want to come to ISU. "Come to ISU, no matter who our starter is now, you'll get your shot before the season is over."

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Man, Rhoads needs to get someone on staff who can handle an offense, and specifically QBs for him. By far the #1 problem in our program.

It's far past not being a positive, it is a huge negative.

Agreed. You can't blame play calling when your QB's can't hit wide open receivers 10 yards away.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Somebody who is good with PhotoShop needs to get a picture of a meatgrinder with hamburger coming out and insert the pictures of the current/recent ISU QBs being fed into the top...

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Caligula would be more consistent at this point at deciding who are Qb is.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Why not let him play?! Give Grant some more time to develop. This season is in the s****er anyways so might as well try some things.

Because I honestly believe you are in a worse position being the starter for this Offense. It gives the coaches time to get in your head and make you a terrible QB.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Agreed. You can't blame play calling when your QB's can't hit wide open receivers 10 yards away.

I blame playcalling plenty, but it is a mix of both. On Richardson's last play that was an INT, it was a broken play and he was scrambling.

Problem 1 was the play design didn't result in an open receiver

Problem 2 was bad mechanics and a bad (horrible) throw.

It's hard to succeed with one of those problems, let alone both of them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is Lanning going to start before the year's over?