God Made A Farmer commercial = EPIC!

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm a farmer's daughter and I thought that commercial was a little bit stupid. Farming is a hard, hard job. But it is no more noble than any other job.
Maybe not, but I'm an accountant and a commercial going on and on about budgeting, cost variance analysis, and risk management makes for a much less interesting commercial.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
or ever have to chop ice on a pond to allow cattle to drink ... help deliver a litter of pigs in a snow storm...milk cows morning and night... I am proud to have grown up on a farm

Cry when your favorite cow has a stillbirth, and then cry again 14 months later when they have a healthy baby. Try to get chores done on your second day without electricity, cancel your rare day away from the farm because a tractor part broke and now you have to get to the supply store before they close, get home at 2am from a family event only to find your cows all over the yard and fields....and on and on. Never a dull moment!

all the war stories to be shared:)

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Best commercial by far. Makes me proud that not only did I grow up with Agriculture being a big part of my life I get to work with farmers every day.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I did my time bailing hay and slopping with the hogs.

D

DistrictCyclone

I'm a farmer's daughter and I thought that commercial was a little bit stupid. Farming is a hard, hard job. But it is no more noble than any other job.

To be fair, they did air a different version in New York City titled "So God made a tax attorney".

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Sure would have been a lot easier if god would have just used magic and put the food in my fridge then you guys wouldn't have to do all those ****** chores.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Paul Harvey sure is a windbag. He could have easily just shortened that whole thing up by saying "we need someone to bust their *** doing all the crap you don't want to do in order to eat food...so God made a farmer".
Yes, that's exactly the same.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I did my time bailing hay and slopping with the hogs.

you know what I don't miss? Baling hay. I miss the biceps and tan it gave me, but now, when I'm sitting in an A/C office in July and August, I don't miss it.

Though I always end up getting roped into being on the wagon when I'm home and they're going.

D

DistrictCyclone

I'm guessing that rhetoric, poetry, lyrics, or anything like that aren't your thing.

Only when they're used to make me fawn over a massive multinational corporation without telling me a single thing about the actual product they produce.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I'm actually the person who recorded that at the American Farm Bureau Federation convention in the 1970s. I've used God Made a Farmer in Speeches and kept the recording alive on my radio network for many years, and it was posted on youtube eventually. There are a few sentences cut, the entire thing is on youtube under God Made a Farmer. I still play it on holidays, and will tomorrow morning just for fun. If you live in Minnesota, you will hear it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
you know what I don't miss? Baling hay. I miss the biceps and tan it gave me, but now, when I'm sitting in an A/C office in July and August, I don't miss it.

Though I always end up getting roped into being on the wagon when I'm home and they're going.
Yeah, I'm a giant pansy now when it comes to doing that stuff in the summertime, haha.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm actually the person who recorded that at the American Farm Bureau Federation convention in the 1970s. I've used God Made a Farmer in Speeches and kept the recording alive on my radio network for many years, and it was posted on youtube eventually. There are a few sentences cut, the entire thing is on youtube under God Made a Farmer. I still play it on holidays, and will tomorrow morning just for fun. If you live in Minnesota, you will hear it.

I believe that you will have a huge spike in views or whatever if you link it here.......

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011

You sir, have my utmost respect.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Only when they're used to make me fawn over a massive multinational corporation without telling me a single thing about the actual product they produce.

That works. Still, I'm rewriting famous speeches in my mind tonight with this approach in honor.

FDR in 1933: "Don't be afraid. Things work out."

JFK: "Do stuff for the country. We need you."

Reactions: SenorCy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
That works. Still, I'm rewriting famous speeches in my mind tonight with this approach in honor.

God's people weren't the Israelites they were farmers.

D

DistrictCyclone

Now if only I could get my boss to do the same thing during meetings...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron