Gill out at KU?

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Yet another reason why JP should never listen to the vocal yet moronic contingent of Cyclone Nation - there was an extreme push to have him hired here at ISU, and a lot of them were outright ****** when we went with Rhoads instead.
I stand corrected, there were some fools.

Last edited:

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Go read the threads. We wanted him, at least on the Internet, and that's what he's saying.

Go search for the threads. We were quite clear about it as a group.
yep -- i stand corrected -- amazed but corrected.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Kansas City radio says there would be a few boosters that would come up with the money to get rid of Gill. These boosters supposedly have already let it be known.

Good grief. The guy's been at Kansas for what now, 2 years? Two whole seasons and they want him gone already?

If this is true, than those boosters are dumb and delusional. Other than one BCS bowl win a few years ago (admittedly a terrific win for any program, especially one like Kansas) what makes these idiots think that a program like Kansas can fire coaching staffs after two seasons and somehow magically get better?

I'm not saying that Gill is a great coach or anything, but give the guy some time to try and build his program. If they do fire him I hope they stink for a long, long time just to give the boosters some negative karmic payback.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Kansas City radio says there would be a few boosters that would come up with the money to get rid of Gill. These boosters supposedly have already let it be known.

Good grief. The guy's been at Kansas for what now, 2 years? Two whole seasons and they want him gone already?

If this is true, than those boosters are dumb and delusional. Other than one BCS bowl win a few years ago (admittedly a terrific win for any program, especially one like Kansas) what makes these idiots think that a program like Kansas can fire coaching staffs after two seasons and somehow magically get better?

I'm not saying that Gill is a great coach or anything, but give the guy some time to try and build his program. If they do fire him I hope they stink for a long, long time just to give the boosters some negative karmic payback.

I listen to KC radio all the time, and I have listened to many KU fans call in and talk about how good Mangino's firing was because he wasn't winning. The guy who brought KU to heights it has never seen or will ever see again just 2 years before. After that BCS bowl season, something flipped in these KU fans minds into thinking they were an elite football school. However, Gill is a really bad coach. The only way I think he keeps his job is if they beat Mizzou.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

There's 'bad because he's building' and 'absolutely awful, even for KU'. Gill is the latter.

KU has looked like it has more talent than its record shows much of the year. The lacking coaching staff shows.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
Where is Mangino?

At $2MM per year, can KU afford to get rid of Gill?

Actually they can, I was talking to one of my counterparts at KU about the football team. He had mentioned that there is a stipulation in the contract that if he is not fired by the beginning of yr 3 they owe him for the full 5 yrs or 6 Mil , no matter how long he last after that! Cut your losses now right? I would actually like to say keep him its a easy W, but it really never has been no matter how good we are how bad they are and vice versa, its always a close game for some reason!

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Gill has a record of 5-18 at Kansas. Kinda eerie to some guy we might remember around here ( no I'm not supporting that tool). Anyways, maybe Creighton can revamp their football program that's been stagnant since 1942 and hire him as their new coach?

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
There is zero chance Kansas beats Mizzou.

Zero.

In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that KU's side of Arrowhead will be almost empty, and that Mizzou will beat them by at least three touchdowns.

Of course, after the game, Kansas will still say that they own Kansas City, even though they can't sell any of their **** tickets, and haven't for years.

Last edited:

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
There is zero chance Kansas beats Mizzou.

Zero.

In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that KU's side of Arrowhead will be almost empty, and that Mizzou will beat them by at least three touchdowns.

Of course, after the game, Kansas will still say that they own Kansas City, even though they can't sell any of their **** tickets, and haven't for years.

And I hope they keep Gill. He is the vey emblem of KU poopiness.

Last edited:

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Looking back on the threads when Rhoads was hired..wow I cannot believe that there were people that hated the hire and thought he would be a failure! Looks like it's turning out pretty well!

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Wanted Floyd.
Wanted LE.
Did not want Wayne.
Wanted Chizic.
Wanted Gill.
Want to keep CPR.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Looking back on the threads when Rhoads was hired..wow I cannot believe that there were people that hated the hire and thought he would be a failure! Looks like it's turning out pretty well!

I wasn't a big fan of the Rhoads hire, because he was basically the same thing as the previous 2 head coaches. Mac was a DC at a big name school, but took forever to put a winning season together. Chiz was a DC at a big name school, and never did win much of anything. Rhoads was a DC at a big name school........ well, I think you get the point.

I thought we really needed someone who had head coaching experience, even if it was at a lower level. I would have been very happy with Brian Kelly, as was being reported. Turns out CPR didn't need a whole lot of time to figure out this head coaching business, and I can admit that I was wrong about him.