George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Season ticket holders can order tickets tomorrow at 10:00 for anyone that is interested.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Amazing how much events cost now. I figured it would be $100-$150 for good seats. But well over $1000 if you're on the field. I'm starting to think that my retirement target is WAY OFF! I'm resigned to know I'll never go to a Superbowl, but getting close to feeling like I won't be going to a regular season game or concert. And I'm 53 in the top 90th percentile of America. Am I just cheap or have people just lost their minds for entertainment?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Amazing how much events cost now. I figured it would be $100-$150 for good seats. But well over $1000 if you're on the field. I'm starting to think that my retirement target is WAY OFF! I'm resigned to know I'll never go to a Superbowl, but getting close to feeling like I won't be going to a regular season game or concert. And I'm 53 in the top 90th percentile of America. Am I just cheap or have people just lost their minds for entertainment?
No, the price for tickets for concerts right now is insane, I was going to get tickets but after talking to the wife, we are passing. We have seen George twice, I guess that is going to have to do.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
How many seats are they selling for this? Just curious how many "seats" the field holds

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I went to Minneapolis to see Luke Combs for like $150 a ticket in the lower bowl at US Bank Stadium. When I jumped on to buy 2 Sukup tickets for a friend I was totally surprised by the prices. It was damn near $900 after fees for just 2 tickets.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think people may be "underselling" how much of a big deal Chris Stapleton is.
I know these tickets are not cheap, but he's also a mega star.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

No, you just have a better sense of value than most.

It used to be that the tickets were (somewhat) fairly priced, which gave the average fan a CHANCE of buying good seats on an onsale. But between the price hikes, TMs internal scalping program (premium), ******** VIP tickets, etc most of the good seats are priced at an outlandish premium.

I go to a ton of shows and the most I've paid for a seat was 400+ for a floor ticket to the Stones and that was a bucket list item. If you include travel I've spent "more" but I often use concerts/venues as a good excuse to go to/check out a city on a short vacay.

Reactions: stateofmind

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Is the stage now going to be in front of the Jacobson building? In the past it was in the SEZ area
yes, and the north couple sections on both sides will not be available. Same place the stage was at the last time George Strait was at JTS (1999)

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I think people may be "underselling" how much of a big deal Chris Stapleton is.
I know these tickets are not cheap, but he's also a mega star.
I get that. But at what point is too much? Why do we put people on such pedestals? I guarantee that there are many people that spend this kind of money to see someone in person that they can listen to for free. And many of them don't have a penny in retirement or are buried in credit card debt.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I get that. But at what point is too much? Why do we put people on such pedestals? I guarantee that there are many people that spend this kind of money to see someone in person that they can listen to for free. And many of them don't have a penny in retirement or are buried in credit card debt.
EVERYTHING like this is a choice in life. I go to concerts, plays, etc for more than just the people on the stage. May sound corny as hell but these type of events are some of the best "date nights" my wife and I ever get with having a family.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It's shocking to read articles about how little people in their 50's and 60's have stored away for retirement. They chose to live for today, and not worry about the future, well believe me, that future gets here faster than many think.

• Agree

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
EVERYTHING like this is a choice in life. I go to concerts, plays, etc for more than just the people on the stage. May sound corny as hell but these type of events are some of the best "date nights" my wife and I ever get with having a family.
s328127075831127421_p3859_i3_w700.jpeg

• Eggplant
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's shocking to read articles about how little people in their 50's and 60's have stored away for retirement. They chose to live for today, and not worry about the future, well believe me, that future gets here faster than many think.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just not not of those people, thankfully.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I haven't been to a concert in many, many years so my estimation of how much tickets would cost is completely skewed. When the thread got posted I thought it'd be a cool experience, I'd probably pay $100 to get in the door just to say I was there even though I don't care about the acts that much. It looks like it's more like $230-250 after fees? That's too rich for my cheap blood even if I can obviously afford it.

• Agree