Fred on with our pal Doug Gottlieb at 4:20 CT.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He said exactly what I thought he'd say. He wants to be in Ames right now since he has young kids and both his and his wife's parents are there. But later down the road they will revisit that. Never said he was for sure going or for sure staying. Quick freaking out people.

NO!! FREAK OUT!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I'm just getting really antsy for the first CF meltdown of 2014. Really, whens the last time we had a meltdown? It's all just getting pent up and we're going to blow this site up when this mens team loses to Kansas because the refs called a charge on us.

Are you kidding? There is a thread on here about some writer saying Niang looks like an out-of-shape gym teacher. Of course, he also called him an All-Big 12 caliber player, and one of the best offensive players in the conference, but that still did not stop most thread posters from getting their panties in a bunch and having a mini meltdown.

There are other threads that qualify too.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Are you kidding? There is a thread on here about some writer saying Niang looks like an out-of-shape gym teacher. Of course, he also called him an All-Big 12 caliber player, and one of the best offensive players in the conference, but that still did not stop most thread posters from getting their panties in a bunch and having a mini meltdown.

I'm talking full blown, we just lost to UNI in football meltdown

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I think the family thing is huge for him. 4 young kids with pretty much all fam in town is a huge help. Especially when he travels a ton with the team.

By no means am I trying to invoke melt down mode. But.. ISU just pulled a guy that was in his perfect family situation with Mangino. Now granted Youngstown state is no ISU.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Well, if there isn't going to be a meltdown here, I'm gonna leave and prepare for my Hawkeye Nation trolling for their meltdown when Northwestern comes back from down 15 and beats them tonight.

More Fran bashing, eh? You go, sparky.:sad::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: ISUCubswin

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Based on how that answer was transcribed about the NBA, I actually feel better than I have in the past. He'll most-likely have a nice run here and when things get stagnant or repetitive, he will accept a new challenge.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
we do need a melt down, hmm lets all meet back here at 3pm tomorrow and whatever the first story is on yahoo we can meltdown on that. get it out of our systems and have clear sailing for the next few months.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Well, if there isn't going to be a meltdown here, I'm gonna leave and prepare for my Hawkeye Nation trolling for their meltdown when Northwestern comes back from down 15 and beats them tonight.

I'd enjoy the schadenfreude, but I don't think there's a chance in hell it happens.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
When the fifth graders can drive themselves?

Sounds like he has another six years at least.

The pros can pay $5M or more a year versus our $2M.

They won't guarantee you $20 million though. And he will certainly get a raise after this year.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
Based on how that answer was transcribed about the NBA, I actually feel better than I have in the past. He'll most-likely have a nice run here and when things get stagnant or repetitive, he will accept a new challenge.

does that happen after winning 3 or 4 NCs?

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Hate to say it, certainty did not say no to the NBA there........

Would you rather he be like some other college coaches who flat out LIED and said they would never leave (i.e. Roy Williams from Kansas, Nick Saban from several schools, etc.)?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I must have missed the actual anger/upset in that thread. There was a lot of sarcasm flying about that.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Would you rather he be like some other college coaches who flat out LIED and said they would never leave (i.e. Roy Williams from Kansas, Nick Saban from several schools, etc.)?
ALL coaches lie. All of them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron