Fred on with our pal Doug Gottlieb at 4:20 CT.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think the family thing is huge for him. 4 young kids with pretty much all fam in town is a huge help. Especially when he travels a ton with the team.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Why? He answered it the same way as the dozen or so other times. I'm not sure what you heard.

I'm just getting really antsy for the first CF meltdown of 2014. Really, whens the last time we had a meltdown? It's all just getting pent up and we're going to blow this site up when this mens team loses to Kansas because the refs called a charge on us.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm just getting really antsy for the first CF meltdown of 2014. Really, whens the last time we had a meltdown? It's all just getting pent up and we're going to blow this site up when this mens team loses to Kansas because the refs called a charge on us.

Saturday afternoon there's a chance.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Hate to say it, certainty did not say no to the NBA there........

Basically said he's going to the NBA someday but isn't sure when that day will come.

Funny how people hear things. What I heard was that he had no desire for the NBA at this time, and probably wouldn't for some time to come..........because you can't replace what he has right now here in Ames in regards to family. Plus, he is happy here. That tells me he is going to be here for some time to come because being happy and his family are what is important to him.

That's what I heard, and I'm sticking to it.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
He's a smart businessman, you got to hang on to that negotiating chip for when contract discussions and salary come up. He may have no intention of ever going to the NBA, but he's not going to say that out loud. Who knows what the future will bring? The best thing we can do right now is enjoy the ride.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Basically said he's going to the NBA someday but isn't sure when that day will come.

When the fifth graders can drive themselves?

Sounds like he has another six years at least.

The pros can pay $5M or more a year versus our $2M.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
What I heard was that he loves this community and will be here until his kids graduate but sounded like he would love to give the NBA a shot some time.

Come on. No way he'll be here for 40 years.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Gave a lot of good accolades to Kevin McHale in his front office days discussing spacing and players.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
He said exactly what I thought he'd say. He wants to be in Ames right now since he has young kids and both his and his wife's parents are there. But later down the road they will revisit that. Never said he was for sure going or for sure staying. Quick freaking out people.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Well, if there isn't going to be a meltdown here, I'm gonna leave and prepare for my Hawkeye Nation trolling for their meltdown when Northwestern comes back from down 15 and beats them tonight.