Info: For those who believe in a higher power

cyclonedds

Nov 24, 2006
Ankeny
Short update: Heather moved out of ICU yesterday after 18 days. She's in a nuerology unit now. Her eyes have been open at times. Therapy is going as well as we can expect. Chase is home and is out of his neckbrace. He's doing as well as can be expected. I appreciate all the thoughts and wishes. Hopefully we'll be moving on this week.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily tec71.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Yes she has been out of the hospital since Thursday of last week at On With Life in Ankeny. It is a fabulous place, and she is doing better. She has a long ways to go but not a short time to get there (yes that's an 80's reference) so we'll just take our time. She was classified as out of the coma this week.

Last edited:

terryk

Apr 13, 2006
Grimes
TEC i placed my mom at On With Life. I could not be happier with the results. She went in in a wheel chair, could not lift her head up. She left walking out the front door. I hope this for you and your wife. This is very emotional to post but i have said since then, angels are real they work at Own With life.

C

Cyclone42

She has a long ways to go but not a short time to get there (yes that's an 80's reference)

Smokey and the Bandit came out in 1977. Just a small quip to lighten the mood here. :smile:

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Great story! Tec your family is an inspiration to us all. Cyclone nation is happy to have to have you and will always be here for you.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
tec....I think about your family often and am glad to hear Heather is home. You continue to be in my prayers.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Many, many kudos for choosing organ donation. That list of who your family helped is staggeringly amazing. I wish your family only the best. :notworthy:

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Tec, you and yours have shown compassion, courage and strength beyond belief. Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless.....

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Tec, I can't imagine making the decisions you've made and having the courage to face the pain you've faced. I am humbled by your selflessness and the gracefulness with which you have handled this situation. Thanks for providing such a great example for all of us.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Tragic story, though at least some good came from this. My prayers are with your family. Thanks for the update.

Help Support Us

Become a patron