FOOTBALL RECRUITING: Official visitors for this weekend

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlRdTHdovac]Cade Cowdin "THE HIT" Football #4 Dixie - YouTube[/ame]

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
I think we get Williams after this weekend. He tweeted tonight he just had a great in home with Rhoads and Messingham. Also Aka tweeted and said he would look good in an ISU uniform and Williams replied with good chances. This recruiting thing is pretty fun when ISU actually brings in big recruits.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Wasn't there a deal with Williams that some teams had pulled their offers? Anyone have any idea who those were?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Why would Williams go on his official here if he already knew?

I doubt he knows where he's going...you guys are reading to much into things...sounds like he'l just make a decision on the 3rd...that's it

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Due to some hardcore Twitter stalking of Duaron it looks like he has chose his school but won't announce til January 3rd

He hasn't chosen it yet at all. And how hardcore of a "stalker" do you have to be to read like one page of tweets? And you didn't even read them all because he says he is going to assess his options over break. That is closer to the top than him announcing the date.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Luckily we got Eddie Porter, so we don't need this guy.

As much as I like the toughness of our linebackers this season, the fact they had to play with serious injuries didn't speak volumes for our depth at the position.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
One of his friends tweeted that she knows where Williams is going and he replied ssshhh you can't tell. May not be finalized but he might have a good idea.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why would Williams go on his official here if he already knew?

I doubt he knows where he's going...you guys are reading to much into things...sounds like he'l just make a decision on the 3rd...that's it
Ummmmm....because he hasn't visited where he's chosen to go yet? :wink:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

I was wondering where Leander was, and looked it up. Just north of Austin along I-35, looks like it has grown explosively over the last ten years, something like Waukee.

Interesting that he and WIlliams are both coming the same weekend. Either they'd play next to one another down the line, or (with limited remaining schollies) the coaches say, "Hey, we have one scholarship left for an offensive lineman. Which of you wants it?"

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Just had lunch at BWW in Ames and saw Duaron Williams on his official visit and another player who I'm guessing was Jacob Dunning(only person I haven't seen a picture of).

I'm not sure what to think of either of them because I believe neither of them ordered any boneless wings. They have already shown some poor decision making. Are these really the type of kids we want on the team?

Former qb Austen Arnaud also was in attendance at a separate table.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Just had lunch at BWW in Ames and saw Duaron Williams on his official visit and another player who I'm guessing was Jacob Dunning(only person I haven't seen a picture of).

I'm not sure what to think of either of them because I believe neither of them ordered any boneless wings. They have already shown some poor decision making. Are these really the type of kids we want on the team?

Boneless wings are for sissies. Real men want that feeling of gnawing on a dead femur.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Wait... there are people out there who think boneless wings are better than real chicken wings? Blasphemy!

Chicken wing meat is so much better than the breast meat they use for boneless wings. Your just eating chicken strips, not wings.