FOOTBALL RECRUITING: Official visitors for this weekend

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I wish we were getting a visit from Schyler Miles this weekend. His recruitment has really blown up. Norte Dame has now offered and Florida is in the picture as well.

You've got to hand to our coaches for identify these kids early. I think he plans to visit, so it isn't over yet.

Dang it Tony Alford!! You back off of Schyler! Come on, show some ISU loyalty!

He's NDs lead recruited for Darboh as well.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I wish we were getting a visit from Schyler Miles this weekend. His recruitment has really blown up. Norte Dame has now offered and Florida is in the picture as well.

You've got to hand to our coaches for identify these kids early. I think he plans to visit, so it isn't over yet.

Paul Rhoads is sitting in Schyler Miles house tonight. I think we have a better chance than most realize

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Ya he is a 2 star. But he does have a ton of size (6'6" 275). I have no worries that if we signed him and put him on the "Yancy get right plan" we could turn him into a player.
I'm almost more excited now about getting a 2* commit with how many 2* guys Rhoads has signed and got major contributions from.

I counted 22 2* guys that are still with the team, not counting kickers, that are getting playing time. 16 were recruited by Rhoads.

Last edited:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm almost more excited now about getting a 2* commit with how many 2* guys Rhoads has signed and got major contributions from.

I'm excited for the 3 stars to start developing as much as the 2 stars did and then getting some 4 stars to top it all off!

I really like what this staff has done with the talent they've recruited. They deffinitely have good eyes for talent.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Myles looks nothing like I expected a kid with that name to look like. Hope he comes to Ames

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Now you done it.
We'll have Hawk-trolls all over this thread just because of this quote. Did this on another thread (allright, it was in the in-state rivals section), and boy did it get off-track

Are they in denial?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Really think Bykowski showed a ton of improvement throughout the year & think he may be more of the prototypical ISU linemen going forward.
This Dunning, at a minimum, appears to fit this mold from a size/height standpoint.
DW looks more like a cross between KO & Hicks - more lbs to start with. Projects as a guard, so makes perfect sense
Current OL commit @ center (possibly?), then we have 3 of 5 OL right here

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Really think Bykowski showed a ton of improvement throughout the year & think he may be more of the prototypical ISU linemen going forward.
This Dunning, at a minimum, appears to fit this mold from a size/height standpoint.
DW looks more like a cross between KO & Hicks - more lbs to start with. Projects as a guard, so makes perfect sense
Current OL commit @ center (possibly?), then we have 3 of 5 OL right here

Here's an Orlando Sentinel article on Williams. His high school's name is Orlando Jones.

Duaron Williams, commit date, Jan. 3, Temple, Colorado State, Kansas, Iowa State, UCF: Duaron Williams will choose between Temple, Colorado State, Kansas, Iowa State, UCF on Jan. 3 - OrlandoSentinel.com

Help Support Us

Become a patron