First Scherff now Ott

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
it looks like a pretty good hit by a pickup in the video, but he does get up pretty quickly and doesn't seem to be limping. Hopefully he is okay.

Don't forget that it was SR who crash his moped before the Iowa game last year and he played.

That video was another player couple years ago. Hope OTT is ok though.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
it looks like a pretty good hit by a pickup in the video, but he does get up pretty quickly and doesn't seem to be limping. Hopefully he is okay.

Don't forget that it was SR who crash his moped before the Iowa game last year and he played.

Yeah he played, but he played like ****.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
For the life of me, I don't know why Kirk doesn't require helmets. Other UIowa athletic teams have helmet rules, but not football. He does ban twitter, but no helmet requirement.

helmets are bad for instagrams.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
So the news site says uncertain. Is he for a fact out?

Probably won't know anything official until the game starts on Saturday. Iowa is usually pretty tight-lipped on these things. If in fact it's a concussion the team probably won't know until Saturday.

Ott has really come on this year, by far the most improvement on the DL. 3.5 tackles for loss in two games, couple of sacks, forced fumble.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Is that a reliable source?

If I recall correctly back in the day they were the first to report the DJK stuff. Everybody poo-poo'd them until other sources confirmed it.

Yeah, living over here, unless it's outright sarcasm, if you see something from KCJJ as news, they stand behind it and it's probably accurate. They're not big (they're local, not one of the media conglomerates), and they're huge hawk fans, but they're not homers either. They'll blast the school when they need it. They're also not the typical 'local' radio in the fact that they're just burnouts that can't do something else and aren't good enough to get picked up by the conglomerates, they're just old school radio guys that decided to cash out of that system and do what they loved. They are straight shooters.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Or some motorcycle safety courses? No sure what rules are in Iowa but anything over 50cc here in Minnesota requires a motorcycle license and testing. Under 50cc and anyone with a drivers license can jump on one and go get themselves in accidents.

Same here, last I knew. Mopeds also have to stay under 25mph and have an orange flag at least 5' in the air. I used to get pulled over for speeding and my flag being too low (it was on an extendable CB antenna that when all the way down was at about 4'8"...) Being a member of the Rubber Knife Gang meant living on the wrong side of the law... :biggrin:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
He totally dodged both questions, his responses were pretty funny. Good to hear both are ok but I doubt we see either one on Saturday.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012

And he played...like crap...

This is just a game - get these kids healthy and for goodness' sake sacrifice some chickens to the Angry Iowa Moped Hating God - he's a distant cousin to AIRBHG but saw a power vacuum and is swooping in to establish his new reign of terror :jimlad:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Help Support Us

Become a patron