FAWcast 108: Monte not an NBA player?

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
We aren't talking about baseball are we?
What does this have to do with what a doctor does?
NBA scouts do care what height you are if you are going to be playing power forward. And you play with shoes on. :D

Really? Every time I've been to the doctor or my kids are, we are measured w/o shoes. Anyway, I just find it amusing that every single sport requires shoes but basketball is the only one where they measure you with them on.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Really? Every time I've been to the doctor or my kids are, we are measured w/o shoes. Anyway, I just find it amusing that every single sport requires shoes but basketball is the only one where they measure you with them on.
All Heights outside of the doctor should be measured with shoes on. What do you do without shoes on. All I do is sleep. So why would I not measure how I usually am.

The reason the doctor has you take shoes off is for consistency. That way show changes don't mask issues or give false issues.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
On the flipside, not a lot of people expected Niang to do quite as well as he has, or Nader to get drafted (and tear up the D League). Another one that comes to mind is Bryce DeJean Jones. I think some expected him to get a shot, but not play meaningful mins in an NBA game. It's super hard to predict who will transition to the pros, you're right.
I'll add Justin Hamilton to this list...

Reactions: isutrevman

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This to me is like the 40 time argument people always have in football. Of course people are looking for a way to make themselves more marketable. LIke measuring your height in shoes, and just happening to not list that detail. Same thing happens in football ALL the time. 40 times IMO should always be electronically timed. Normally its 2 to 3 tenths slower than a hand clocked 40 time. Doesn't stop people from listing 4.4 on their scouting reports. People just need to own it, stop trying to justify the conflict of interest.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
New CBA in the NBA allows for 2 developmental contracts. He'll get drafted and at least get one of those.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth