FAWcast 108: Monte not an NBA player?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Monte will be great surrounded by great athletes. He's been a better ball handler than most NBA point guards since about halfway through his freshman year, sure he will never be the finisher most NBA point guards are but most NBA point guards are worse with the ball than he is. Outside of perhaps Royce and Tinsley he is the most unique talent ISU has had in my lifetime (talking about uniqueness in the game). No other college team has had a point guard that does what Monte does his entire time with ISU.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
First, the forum turned on Burton and he has caught fire. Now, Morris has dialed it up just when lots were questioning his NBA ability. Who should we target next (so that they will explode)?

Reactions: MartinCy

mikehike14

Jun 27, 2016
I had severe and fact-based doubts about Monte going to the next level. After last night, I now realize he will be the first person drafted by the NBA this year, if the NBA uses the facts. I might be a bit variable on the Clones.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For the too small crowd

“Look at Monte Morris’ line – 39 minutes, 39,” Underwood said. “I gained a tremendous amount of respect for him tonight. On the defensive end, his lateral quickness and his length was impressive. You can talk about his 30 and his offensive numbers, but what he did defensively tonight was off the chart.”

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Monte made everyone on the court look like a chump last night. I enjoyed every second of it.

Oh, and Gray sucks. Am I doing it right?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
First, the forum turned on Burton and he has caught fire. Now, Morris has dialed it up just when lots were questioning his NBA ability. Who should we target next (so that they will explode)?

Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For the too small crowd

“Look at Monte Morris’ line – 39 minutes, 39,” Underwood said. “I gained a tremendous amount of respect for him tonight. On the defensive end, his lateral quickness and his length was impressive. You can talk about his 30 and his offensive numbers, but what he did defensively tonight was off the chart.”

He simply stays in front of his man like few other players. He may not get the playground steals Tinsley got or match Tinsley's single season steals mark, but he's a drastically better man to man defender than Tinsley ever was.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins