NFL: Favre to Retire

Will Favre retire and not play this season?

• Yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I just got more excited about the upcoming season. We already know the Bears and Lions will be god awful, and the Packers were only a game behind the Favre-led Vikings last year.

i KNOW!!! what an awesome way to start off the day...
with all the skill we have coming back i think that we have a legit shot at making a run at it now... bring the Lombardi Trophy back home! :biggrin:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
i KNOW!!! what an awesome way to start off the day...
with all the skill we have coming back i think that we have a legit shot at making a run at it now... bring the Lombardi Trophy back home! :biggrin:
Yeeaah buddy!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Play them both.Shuttle thjem in and out depending on the situation. Go out and get Ryan Leaf.

Matt92x

Dec 19, 2009
Rochester, MN
I got it. History repeats.

Favre loses the NFC championship for the NFC north division champs, by 3 in OT, because of a pick he threw on his last pass before a retirement.

He then came back to play for a Team from New York.

This time, it will be the Giants, thou. Sucks to be eli:jimlad:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
As no surprise dallas went from 7-1 odds to 5-1 for the superbowl, with all this unfolding
Green Bay went from 10-1 to 7-1

MisterTwister

Feb 8, 2009
Ankeny
I will believe it when its official, but I am loving this. I agree with the person before when he said the Viking fan base is the largest fair weather fan base in all of football. Viking fans sold out their fandom to cheer and worship for Favre just to get their collective hearts ripped out.

Dance with the Devil and get burnt.

People who are like, "He is 40yo and injured, you can't blame him." YES you can! The Vikings could have drafted a QB like Claussen, or signed/traded for McNabb, Campbell, Dehlome in the offseason if he would have just said he was done.

Final pass as a Packer = INT. Final pass as a Jet = INT. Final pass as a Queen = INT. Eat it Viking fans and love it Packers fans, you just won the NFC North.

Reactions: Cyched

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I will believe it when its official, but I am loving this. I agree with the person before when he said the Viking fan base is the largest fair weather fan base in all of football. Viking fans sold out their fandom to cheer and worship for Favre just to get their collective hearts ripped out.

Dance with the Devil and get burnt.

People who are like, "He is 40yo and injured, you can't blame him." YES you can! The Vikings could have drafted a QB like Claussen, or signed/traded for McNabb, Campbell, Dehlome in the offseason if he would have just said he was done.

Final pass as a Packer = INT. Final pass as a Jet = INT. Final pass as a Queen = INT. Eat it Viking fans and love it Packers fans, you just won the NFC North.

lol! This is clearly an emotional topic for you!

I wonder.. did you start cheering for the the Packers in the mid nineties like all of the other Packer Backers I know? :biglaugh:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Say he does retire... and the Pack makes the superbowl.. would they do a saints kind of thing like they did with McAllister (sp?) and sign him... but then release him after we win

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm surprised ESPN didn't orchestrate some type of decision show for Favre. They are really good at making horrible TV so that would have fit right in.

You can't have a comeback special unless you retire first, this is pretty obvious.