NFL: Favre to Retire

Will Favre retire and not play this season?

• Yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I'll believe it when he's not on the field Week 1.

Maybe instead of having surgery/second thoughts just to skip training camp, he just wants to do this and skip the regular season... sign in week 14, get a couple of warm up games in, then save himself for the playoffs.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Maybe instead of having surgery/second thoughts just to skip training camp, he just wants to do this and skip the regular season... sign in week 14, get a couple of warm up games in, then save himself for the playoffs.

so he can throw another season-ending INT?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I predict Favre gets Cyborg arms and legs and attempts a comeback in 2017.

I heard his poop is considered currency in Argentina.

67277775braskey1.jpg

Reactions: HOTDON

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Even if he isn't there in week 1 would you really put it past him to pull a Roger Clemens and show up in week 8? Seriously. I'm not saying it would be conducive to success but would you put it past him?

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
The "retire" clause, IMHO, is so that players can end their careers gracefully. Not embarrassing themselves on the field.

Last time I checked, Favre was not embarrassing himself on the field. Seems to me he played pretty decently, last year. And since when has the NFL cared about how star players end their careers? See Dan Marino, Emmit Smith, etc. Out with a whimper.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Not really. If he walks, he walks. 10-6, here we come.

But A) it's Twitter, and B) look at past history. I'm not buying it yet.

It may be twitter but when you hear Jay Glazer say that he has been sitting on this for 12 hours so that he could get a third source, I believe it.

Dan Patrick.com

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Well, 10-6, here we come.

I just hope Sage gets a shot, which he won't. I think he's a more than capable QB to run this offense, but apparently T-Jack spends more time slurping.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
LOL.
I'll believe it when I see it - hard to turn down $12M+ even if you are loaded. I could honestly see him coming back after week 4 or something crazy like that.

If it's officially official, then the "what-if's" about not signing McNabb will be the next big story surrounding the Purple.

I don't follow any one NFL team, but the circus of the vikings makes living in big10 country easier to swallow. There are not many days when I don't hear a soundbyte or fan over-reaction on the drive-time radio that makes me chuckle. This will be an epic week if this is officially official.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
LOL.
I'll believe it when I see it - hard to turn down $12M+ even if you are loaded. I could honestly see him coming back after week 4 or something crazy like that.

If it's officially official, then the "what-if's" about not signing McNabb will be the next big story surrounding the Purple.

I don't follow any one NFL team, but the circus of the vikings makes living in big10 country easier to swallow. There are not many days when I don't hear a soundbyte or fan over-reaction on the drive-time radio that makes me chuckle. This will be an epic week if this is officially official.

and by "signing" McNabb you mean....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron