Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Starship Troopers #1

Not "so bad it's good." It's a brilliant satire on how democracy can turn into fascism and on the Global War on Terror -- amazingly before the thing itself actually happened.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think "Flash Gordon" is the winner here. It is demonstrably terrible in really every possible way. Yet it's hard to look away, and it is kinda fun.

Also, Princess Aura for the ALL-TIME WIN.

What about the kickin' Queen soundtrack?

I asked to play this at my wedding. My then fiancée/now wife turned into Ming the Merciless.

Great outro song, too...

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Twister
Days of Thunder
Mom and Dad Save the World
Fraternity Vacation (Tim Robbins' finest work. Black and white in Iowa, with the Des Moines "Municipal" Airport) I would say that he should be our guest picker for College Gameday since he obviously went to ISU... For those of you who haven't heard of it, watch just the first few minutes and you'll watch the rest.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
What about the kickin' Queen soundtrack?
The Hero has had a prominent place on every one of my Spotify running or lifting playlists.

Edit: I tried to get DD to use it as her walk-up song for softball, but she went with Another One Bites The Dust instead.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I always have a hard time with this question.

Sometimes movies are intentionally going for a campy/fun tone, such as 80s comedy-horror movies like Tremors and 90s action films like Big Trouble in Little China.

Are they really "so bad they are good" when they are not taking themselves too seriously, self-aware of their B-movie status, and just going with it to great effects?

I usually try to confine this to films lacking irony or self-awareness.

It is just hard to know what they were going for sometimes, and sometimes the history of a bad film (e.g., Batman and Robin) is rewritten as, "Oh, we totally meant it to be silly and fun all along, believe us!" when that might not have been the original case at the time.

Was Flash Gordon trying to be the next Star Wars (or rather the original SW) or just having fun?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This movie is a masterpiece. How in the world do you consider it bad? Merlin is AWESOME in this movie.
There are multiple good actors who are way overacting in this film. Who could forget Patrick Stewart trying his go at the sword in the stone?
patrick-stewart-excalibur-movie.jpg

And some of the dialogue - as well as the delivery - is cringe worthy.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I feel like the Pauly Shore era has been a little neglected. These can also be found under the "Have Not Passed the Test of Time" category.

Son in Law
Bio Dome
Encino Man
Encino Man and Son in Law were fun movies. Never saw Bio Dome.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Summer School with Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Encino Man

Better off Dead

Pretty much anything with Nicolas Cage
National Treasure movies are a total guilty pleasure for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron