Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
1. Stomping Iowa
2. Stealing the WVU game
3. Hunter’s dagger 3 vs LSU

Honorable mention (fun moment):
Going to KC for my 1st Big12 Womens tournament game and at the last media timeout an ISU flagbearer ran a lap around the auditorium during our fight song. The crowd was awesome to support the ladies in KC

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Beating Iowa and McCaffrey & JoBo inside Hilton was the first big highlight...
Beating TCU Twice Was Sweet and of course...BEATING WISCONSIN ON THE ROAD IN MILWAUKEE WAS THE BEST GAME/ HIGHLIGHT OF THE SEASON...

BTW My Wife "Never Cusses"...but number 35 Davison...HAD HER CUSSING!

Reactions: NWICY and cyfanatic

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Wisconsin win for sure. Played the Big 10 champ in their home state to go to the Sweet Sixteen, and controlled the game throughout. Doing it in one of our hotbeds for recruiting just made it even better.

Also loved destroying Iowa, winning the preseason NIT (particularly the way we did it, and the fact that it was a real indication that this team had something going for it). Beyond that, road wins at Creighton, OSU and TCU.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
+ Pounding Iowa by 20 after three years of double-dig losses to them and seeing Coach O's locker room reaction displaying his intensity for this rivalry; this is a 'Superbowl' for him!
+ Undef in non-conf. I didn't buy the streaming ESPN+ this year, but from the games I watched, it was clear the old high-screen, 1-on-1 offense had been upgraded.
+ LSU / Wisky Dance wins. Holy moly, what awesome wins.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
honestly, the game at Waco. They were terrible on senior night, scoring 36 points.

Then they get down 29-4 in 10 minutes, and come back all the way to take the lead, and damn near won the game.

Even though they came up short, level of toughness and character that required was off the charts. It showed they never give up or quit.

Beating Wisconsin was right up there, because 1) their team is a bunch of dirty players, and 2) how crazy it made hawk fans.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Good thread. Three for me:

1. Beating ranked Xavier and Memphis. Neither ended up very good but at the time, watching us dominate those games with super low season expectations was eye opening.

2. Hunter’s two HUGE 3s against LSU.

3. Getting to celebrate a Sweet 16 in a year I thought we’d win 10 games.

Reactions: cyclones500

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Best memory? That's easy. Crushing Jay Bowe and his band of Hoks in Hilton.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Honestly, the best thing about this season was caring about ISU MBB again. I knew a week ahead when each game was and watched every minute. That's the highlight.

One interesting thing about this season that I didn't want to say before but don't have another place to put it - I believe this team did not have any player miss a single game to injury or illness, unless I'm forgetting something early in the season. And that in itself is very remarkable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Non con Memphis was a lot of fun watching with family on Thanksgiving weekend and my first "holy **** we are for real" moment of the season. Smoking Iowa was obviously fun but my other top win would probably be Creighton. That was a really gritty win.

Conference wise the road win at Okie State was probably my favorite. Brockington was great down the stretch. Grill made like five threes. And I think that was the game that neither team had the lead more than 5 points the entire game. Just a heart attack inducing thriller

The complete polar opposite performance by both teams when they met again is mind blowing.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly, the best thing about this season was caring about ISU MBB again. I knew a week ahead when each game was and watched every minute. That's the highlight.

One interesting thing about this season that I didn't want to say before but don't have another place to put it - I believe this team did not have any player miss a single game to injury or illness, unless I'm forgetting something early in the season. And that in itself is very remarkable

I think Robert Jones was injured for a time.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Selection Sunday this year was it for me and it was honestly probably my favorite selection Sunday of all time. After the last two years, it seemed like such a long road back. Not only did we get in, LSU and Wisconsin didn't seem intimidating. We were back.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
The season bookends of a preseason NIT trophy and running over a top B1G program to come home with a Sweet 16 banner are my personal highlights.

Reactions: CyNews

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I’ll have to reflect further about specific moments (memorable plays and such … so many).

Meanwhile, here’s my top-10 ranking of wins. Takes into account magnitude (impact and relativity to when it occurred); quality of performance/watchability; satisfaction level; expectation; and opponent quality.

Initially, I made notes about a few ranking decisions, but prefer to minimize the TL/DR factor. I’m willing to elaborate if anyone is curious.

1. vs. Wisconsin
2. vs. LSU
3. Iowa
4. vs. Memphis
5. Texas Tech
6. at TCU
7. Oklahoma
8. Texas
9. at Creighton
10. vs. Xavier
HM: at Kansas State
Special Mention: at Kansas (officially a loss, but counting as “Basket-Interference Victory”).

Help Support Us

Become a patron