Facility Upgrades

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm glad this is happening. I never understood Rhoads' take that that place should be for business only.

Always figured that was just coach speak.

We had 20 mil we could put together (and even then it was overdue), so we got as much as we could, and function was prioritized over amenities. So CPR just went with the 'we dont need those anyway' as the excuse for not having the kinds of amenities other schools were adding, rather than just saying "we're poor"

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Always figured that was just coach speak.

We had 20 mil we could put together (and even then it was overdue), so we got as much as we could, and function was prioritized over amenities. So CPR just went with the 'we dont need those anyway' as the excuse for not having the kinds of amenities other schools were adding, rather than just saying "we're poor"

Possibly, but that was sort of his mentality. You show up to work, put in your time, and leave.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
At first I was underwhelmed, but once I realized the Olson building was coming down to be replaced with what looks like a grassy terrace, I'm sold. That's going to look really nice, and really bolster the look of the north entrance. Maybe they can even move the Jack Trice statue front and center.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
The only bummer I see is that I own't be able to walk around the stadium from the North side to the West entrance to get that one more beer in me before entering! Otherwise, it all looks great to me.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Last I saw was they were looking to spend ~$80 million or more than the SEZ. That brought a whole new stadium and building.

1. Ok, your losing this, not gaining
2. Olympic facility?
3. Already have one a block away
4. Again already have and was built for far less money. (not sure what they spent on that addition to the Indoor facility. (EDIT: Looked it up and this addition cost $20.6 million to original $10 million Indoor facility).

Where did you get ~$80 million or more than the SEZ?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I like it.

Although it doesn't solve the "interstate billboard" problem that was so famous on many national podcasts after the TCU game.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Looks like it will be difficult for kids to roll down the hill in the grassy areas. It will make them tougher though.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Where did you get ~$80 million or more than the SEZ?

I'm sure I saw it on this site but also from articles like this...

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/article_46903406-3e8a-11e8-9534-9be395209fcc.html

Iowa State still needs to have the financing plan approved — a projected $65-80 million project,

Plus that other NEZ thread had lots of closed in looks integrating the building. I know that is difficult with one already in the middle but for that amount of money I was expecting something other than another attached addition to Bergstrom. Manage expectation I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron