Do you realize what we are seeing????

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm doing my best to enjoy it. That sounds weird, but as a long-time Cyclone fan, I didn't really enjoy the best seasons we've had (football and basketball), because I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's an awesome, exciting start, and I can't wait until Texas!

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Anyone realize we have a season worth of great, clutch plays in just the first three games? Lenz, Money, Janz, etc, etc.

Don't wake me up, I want this to continue!!!

Great job again clones!

As much as this is cool, I would like to see us now be able to win games without having to come back from behind.

CaptainCamoBeer

Jan 24, 2007
Excellent win! I love it that we are 3-0. This is the perfect week for a bye week. Get the guys healthy and mentally prepared for Texas. I tell you what... We find a way to win 3 games overcoming tons of penalties and turnovers... How scary can we be when we don't commit penalties and turnovers? I bet we are pretty damn good! GO CLONES!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
living on the edge will lose us a game or two we SHOULD win, we have been just good enough to overcome our mistakes, THIS team could be GREAT if they can clean up the penalties and turnovers...

The stupid penalties for sure. But the refs hurt us bad tonight. There were 3 definite bad calls against us as well as 2 + a picked up face mask that were BS.

We need to find a way to clean up the basic stuff though. The false starts have got to go away plain and simple. Put them on the line, give them a snap count, hold them in their stance and call off sounds. If they jump, run the field and come back and do it again. You'll learn to listen real quick.

tleonwdm

Apr 13, 2006
WDM
As much as this is cool, I would like to see us now be able to win games without having to come back from behind.

I understand. But what you would say to being 0-3 after not finishing any of these games?

Like Coach Rhoads, we have to change the past attitudes.....

Tough, but what a start!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
3 games may not be enough to assess patterns, but I wonder how to interpret what's happened so far.

1. Is there a way to convince the offense that's it's always third down in the fourth quarter, beginning at kickoff? :v_SPIN:

2. Were the first 3 opponents not very good? (Relative to what we might have assumed prior to the season)

3. Is this team one of those "win methodically" types? Not likely to be dominant; open to possibility of getting crushed by a super-team.

4. Does ISU have potential for a lot of wins, but is only required to "wake up" for a few series to get the job done? (This seems unlikely, and would actually be a dangerous philosophy).

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Bad teams lose these games, good teams find a way to win when they play poorly.
In the past we lose this game.

Horns, Clones, Jack Trice.......Big 12 supremacy at stake.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I understand. But what you would say to being 0-3 after not finishing any of these games?

Like Coach Rhoads, we have to change the past attitudes.....

Tough, but what a start!

Oh, I agree. I actually think it's semi good in a weird way because it teaches us how to win in tough, close games and to come from behind. I just wish we'd do it while turning the ball over and committing less penalties but whatever. Early in the season.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I'm sure this has been mentioned 100 times but Josh Lenz's catch was one of the greatest catches I have ever seen a Cyclone make considering what was at stake.

Money has been great the past two games. He was lucky the one td was not called back and hopefully he learned his lesson.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
living on the edge will lose us a game or two we SHOULD win, we have been just good enough to overcome our mistakes, THIS team could be GREAT if they can clean up the penalties and turnovers...

Agreed. There is a lot of upside about this game tonight, but the team is still making the same mistakes that were made in the previous games. I am glad the team was able to settle down and make plays after the 1st quarter. I hope the week off allows the team to eliminate the penalties when they face texas. 3-0 is something that cyclone nation should be very happy about!:notworthy::notworthy:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This is the first time in a long time that I have a feeling we are going to pull it off. That's a lot. Even with Seneca, I knew there was a way we'd blow it. We just have to pull through the adversity and win. These guys seem to feel like me this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron