Do you realize what we are seeing????

tleonwdm

Apr 13, 2006
WDM
Anyone realize we have a season worth of great, clutch plays in just the first three games? Lenz, Money, Janz, etc, etc.

Don't wake me up, I want this to continue!!!

Great job again clones!

Reactions: CyFan987 and ISC

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty amazing to be 3 and 0. I bet most on the board thought we'd drop 1, maybe 2 by this weekend.

The difference is the offense in addition to an improved D.

So much more fun than losing ;D

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No kidding.

What we have witnessed the last 3 weeks, we may never witness again. I have been an Iowa State for 32 years and I am not believing what I am seeing. We've had better teams that would have lost all 3 of these games. No ****. All 3.

Jantz throws 3 picks and is hurt and we win? We give up the touchdown and we win? I can't believe it.

Reactions: cycloneML

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 games.

3 4th Quarter deficits

3 game winning/tying drives

3 Jantz TD passes.

It's hard to describe just how clutch Steele has been these first three games.

And, at least for two games now, Money is exceeding the hype.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
3 games.

3 4th Quarter deficits

3 game winning/tying drives

3 Jantz TD passes.

It's hard to describe just how clutch Steele has been these first three games.

And, at least for two games now, Money is exceeding the hype.

This is what I've taken from the past two games. Not just Reynolds, either. The entire WR corps has stepped up this year. Coming into the year, this was easily the biggest question mark/weakness, with all the drops last year and Franklin's graduation. But Reynolds, Lenz, and Horne have all stepped up and made some very big plays. Darks as the #4 is pretty damn good option.

Jantz has been clutch, but the play of the receivers I think has been the biggest key thus far.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Offensive Player of the Game: Darius Reynolds. Steele Jantz made big plays, but Money won the game.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I was thinking the same thing when I saw UCONN's D-Coordinator call the "nipple squeeze" play twice...I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

:peek:

...oh wait...you're talking about how special our team has been in these past 3 games. Man, if we iron out those penalties...we are in for a fun season.

3-0 BABAAY

Reactions: mustangcy

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I have NEVER seen an ISU team overcome penalties and turnovers like we have so far this year. Not to mention guys being dinged up (KO's ankle, Knott's arm, now Jantz's ankle). There have been periods of good and bad play, but there has been enough of the good stuff to get past the obstacles. If we can clean up our game and get a little more consistent on both sides of the ball, we could have a very good season.

Also, the ref's ******* sucked tonight.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
living on the edge will lose us a game or two we SHOULD win, we have been just good enough to overcome our mistakes, THIS team could be GREAT if they can clean up the penalties and turnovers...

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
Anyone realize we have a season worth of great, clutch plays in just the first three games? Lenz, Money, Janz, etc, etc.

Don't wake me up, I want this to continue!!!

Great job again clones!
Heck of a game! Jantz is amazingly clutch and level headed.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
This is what I've taken from the past two games. Not just Reynolds, either. The entire WR corps has stepped up this year. Coming into the year, this was easily the biggest question mark/weakness, with all the drops last year and Franklin's graduation. But Reynolds, Lenz, and Horne have all stepped up and made some very big plays. Darks as the #4 is pretty damn good option.

Jantz has been clutch, but the play of the receivers I think has been the biggest key thus far.

Agreed, new WR coach has done wonders. This is just another sign of a great HC, seeing something that needed to be changed and does it.

Yeah, ISU is a couple plays away from being 0-3 but ISU is also a couple of plays away from being a convincing 3-0. Let's keep this ball rolling!

Apr 19, 2006
I was thinking the same thing when I saw UCONN's D-Coordinator call the "nipple squeeze" play twice...I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

:peek:

...oh wait...you're talking about how special our team has been in these past 3 games. Man, if we iron out those penalties...we are in for a fun season.

3-0 BABAAY

Yeah, he had me doing the damn "nipple squeeze" myself. :wideeyed:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
living on the edge will lose us a game or two we SHOULD win, we have been just good enough to overcome our mistakes, THIS team could be GREAT if they can clean up the penalties and turnovers...

the good thing is that penalties are a lot easier to fix during the season than talent, or confidence, or team spirit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron