Devin Williams - WVU to the NBA

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The NBA rule is making college basketball but a shadow of its once glorious self, when Bird and Magic ruled the airwaves. Now, we're left to a bunch of journeymen plus one&doners just past their high school prom. Really sad, what's become of college hoops, relegated to TNT, which is ironic in some ways, since that's where the NBA plays and no one watches them either.

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
The NBA rule is making college basketball but a shadow of its once glorious self, when Bird and Magic ruled the airwaves. Now, we're left to a bunch of journeymen plus one&doners just past their high school prom. Really sad, what's become of college hoops, relegated to TNT, which is ironic in some ways, since that's where the NBA plays and no one watches them either.

Get a grip man. These kids want to go make money, I support them. Even if they only play a few years professionally, the money they make can set them up for the future.

Who are you to say, no you need to go to school, make money for the NCAA and that university, while making zero for yourself, just so I can enjoy college basketball like "the old days"

By the way, Magic and Larry could have gone to the NBA any time they wanted.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Get a grip man. These kids want to go make money, I support them. Even if they only play a few years professionally, the money they make can set them up for the future.

Who are you to say, no you need to go to school, make money for the NCAA and that university, while making zero for yourself, just so I can enjoy college basketball like "the old days"

By the way, Magic and Larry could have gone to the NBA any time they wanted.

Nowhere did I say it was wrong, unethical, or not in the players' best interests. You said all that. I said it was bad for college basketball.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Drama much?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Just stating the facts, 44. Hey, been meaning to ask, how did Ku get Josh Jackson away from Michigan State? Mom seemed most influential. Since she's in Michigan, is she coming down to Lawrence with a job?

$elf and Kan$a$ $old them$elve$.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Just stating the facts, 44. Hey, been meaning to ask, how did Ku get Josh Jackson away from Michigan State? Mom seemed most influential. Since she's in Michigan, is she coming down to Lawrence for/with a job?
I am sure there are numerous threads on the KU message boards that you participate on discussing Josh Jackson.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I'm really not seeing that. Sure, there would be more talent with a different set of rules, but would it be more fun to watch? I don't think so. The talent level overall is still high, and there's more parity. All in all, I think that is a good thing.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

You realize Magic left early after only two years right?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm really not seeing that. Sure, there would be more talent with a different set of rules, but would it be more fun to watch? I don't think so. The talent level overall is still high, and there's more parity. All in all, I think that is a good thing.

Oh absolutely. If you had guys staying three or four years consistently, like you did in the 80's and early 90's, college basketball would be much, much better. Not only would the level of play be much higher, but you'd have a lot more recognizable names and rivalries too. Like Niang getting to go up against a Wiggins and Embiid led Kansas team this year, you don't get to see the great players stick around for multiple NCAA runs anymore.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Williams is leaving after his Junior year. Magic left after his Sophomore year. What?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
It's laughable to suggest the game is today what it was in the past, when kids were playing out their options in college. My gosh.

Ever consider the fact that a lot of college basketball players with professional potential also come from poor families? Damn all you kids, you're ruining some old kansas state ****'s enjoyment with your greed and desire to earn money!

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It's laughable to suggest the game is today what it was in the past, when kids were playing out their options in college. My gosh.

That's true, but the game was going downhill well before the NBA adopted the one and done rule. If anything, that has gotten the real elite guys back into the college game if only just for a year.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Bruce==Devin Williams
Bill Snyder Family Stadium==College basketball

attachment.php

Attachments

• weber.gif
    weber.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 260

Latest posts

Help Support Us