Darryl from New Shannon on KXNO shows

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
There is a lot of that show that seems staged- the whole "CW is so stupid" schtick, the Crazy Morning Zoo approach, the sophomoric sexual innuendo, it all gets tiresome. They're their best when they just play things straight up.

I can assure you that none of our show is staged. You are giving us way too much credit with that opinion.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Filling air time every weekday for a couple hours year round in a market dominated by college football and basketball has to be pretty difficult. Living on the East side of the state, Fanatics blows away any local programming over here. Not even close in my opinion.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Filling air time every weekday for a couple hours year round in a market dominated by college football and basketball has to be pretty difficult. Living on the East side of the state, Fanatics blows away any local programming over here. Not even close in my opinion.

Thank you.

The one thing I have learned in six years of doing this daily - now for three hours a day - is that you will never do three hours that will please EVERYBODY. Sprinkle in a bunch of topics. Go with what is working and feels good. Hope that most people can find something they like in your show. But again, we are never going to please everybody all of the time. I used to have a hard time accepting that. Now, I am pretty proud of the type of program we put together every day. Ross and I have developed great chemistry and that has to be the soul of the show with everything else built around it.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
'Nother interesting segment from Derek today
7d68d18a7fc48fa81106906ec01d0012.gif

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Derek from New Sharon is one of my favorite parts of the show.
None of us have met him, but we ALL have met him. Hes the neighbor we all have with an old truck, doesn’t mind a cold beer and is always friendly.
Guys like him make are what this state GREAT. I’m glad he’s a Cyclone.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
'Nother interesting segment from Derek today
I heard him the other day and to say the least he's not a big LeBron James fan after that tweet James sent out. Think he wished 2 blown ACL's and a staph infection for LeBron.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Thank you.

The one thing I have learned in six years of doing this daily - now for three hours a day - is that you will never do three hours that will please EVERYBODY. Sprinkle in a bunch of topics. Go with what is working and feels good. Hope that most people can find something they like in your show. But again, we are never going to please everybody all of the time. I used to have a hard time accepting that. Now, I am pretty proud of the type of program we put together every day. Ross and I have developed great chemistry and that has to be the soul of the show with everything else built around it.
Living in Minneapolis for a few years it always made me laugh when people would call into KFAN shows and complain when they weren’t sticking to sports. I cannot imagine filling that much airtime every day. You guys do a great job.

I do however need someone to get Peterson worked up into another full on Hawk fan frenzy, reminding the rest of us where our proper place is. It’s been too long.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Iowa doesn't have a strong accent. When Iowans without much of an accent dive deep into country or hip hop music they pick up an accent. Neither result is flattering.
You haven't spent much time in southern Iowa, have you.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You haven't spent much time in southern Iowa, have you.

No maybe you're right. I know the white people of southern Illinois talk like southerners almost exclusively (in laws family).

The phenomenon I'm talking about connected to music is a real thing in at least iowa and nebraska colleges and high schools though.

In NW Iowa the only people I know with southern accents were country music nuts and I knew white people who practically spoke ebonics because of their passion for hip hop. Vast majority I would say no thick accent. No accent more common than Minnesota accent as well.

Reactions: khardbored

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I feel like the possible rural accent of some of my massive Iowa family may be a thing but not really "southern accent".

Both can say "y'all" but every rural Iowan I know would say this:
You have iced tea? Or... Y'all have iced tea?

Southern accent says:
Y'all gah sweet Thai?

The pronounce tea like country Thailand which I have never heard anywhere in the midwest.

Not buying that iowa has significant amount of actual southern accent.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum