CU going to have a different head coach next week?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Hope not, want the status quo until we beat their *****!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Rumor has it he was notified of his termniation earlier this week. I like how this sets up for the good guys.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Rumor has it he was notified of his termniation earlier this week. I like how this sets up for the good guys.

9News out of Denver just reported that there is no plan to remove Hawkins prior to the end of the season according to the AD, Mike Bohn.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hawkins should have been immediately fired after our game against them in '07. They are up on us by 21 at half, had been double-covering Blythe the entire first half. They stopped in the second half - we tore them up with big plays to Blythe and went onto win.

Hawkins should not have even been allowed back on the bus after that one. Here they are yet again with a big lead, then letting it go. I can't understand why he's lasted this long.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I really hope Hawkins does not get fired this week. If he does, CPR and the guys really need to prep for a motivated CU team. Things like a head coach getting fired usually makes the team rally around one another and they come out in their next game on fire.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Hawkins should have been immediately fired after our game against them in '07. They are up on us by 21 at half, had been double-covering Blythe the entire first half. They stopped in the second half - we tore them up with big plays to Blythe and went onto win.

Hawkins should not have even been allowed back on the bus after that one. Here they are yet again with a big lead, then letting it go. I can't understand why he's lasted this long.

Haven't they lacked the $ to fire him?

Otherwise, there's no reason for him to hang on this long. He's never shown anything resembling a building program.

I'm sure that what CPR is doing is bad for Hawkins.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
"It is widely believed Hawkins will be fired at season's end, if not before. The source said it is likely Hawkins will coach through the rest of the season since his son is the only scholarship quarterback available. Firing Dan Hawkins before the season ends could lead to even more turmoil, the source said. Cody Hawkins is approaching some school records."

Bohn going to keep CU coach Hawkins for now - The Denver Post

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I really hope Hawkins does not get fired this week. If he does, CPR and the guys really need to prep for a motivated CU team. Things like a head coach getting fired usually makes the team rally around one another and they come out in their next game on fire.

he's been a dead man walking for some time now and they havent looked particularly motivated.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
He's gone, and he knows it. They won't play worth a crap the rest of the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
dead man walking and actually dead are two completely different things though

this is true, but its different than a coach who wasnt in that kind of a situation from day 1 of the season