2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
She started and played 24 minutes a game as a freshman. Not sure she'd be interested in coming to ISU to be a backup for two minutes a quarter. Think she'll have a hard time moving up a level (looking at ther stats) but you'd think she'd want to play 15 minutes or so if she could get a P6 offer.

Think you might be underestimating what a hard sell it will be to get anyone better than an Izzi level backup.

That isn‘t much production for 24 minutes per game. And it is A10 level. And it is a 3 year commitment. How many roster spots are left? And is she a Big 12 player?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
45% from 3 last season. I'm fine with adding more 3 point shooting like we have so far, we didn't have a consistent outside game last year when Audi and Addy would get mugged in the paint and couldn't get the inside game going. Still hope we land at least 1 post player to play at least 10 minutes behind Audi. The transfers we have got or are looking at seem to have some height so may not matter if we don't have a true 4 really and Addy has enough size to play the 4 IMO. She plays a lot like Niang did at ISU, can bring the ball up the floor and also play inside and outside.
Addy is better as a wing. You want to build your team around putting your best players in their optimal position.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
That isn‘t much production for 24 minutes per game. And it is A10 level. And it is a 3 year commitment. How many roster spots are left? And is she a Big 12 player?
College women's basketball has 15 scholarships (rather than the 13 for men's), so there is plenty of room, even if she barely plays or doesn't play.

Frankly, if Taulelei ended up being the only post that the staff is pursuing and the only one they get, then I'd guess that they expect Williams will fill most of the non-Crooks minutes at the 5, and Taulelei would be a depth piece.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Interior post with a 45% FG is not necessarily a decent shooter. 48% FT. And played 24.2 mpg and only got 2.5 rpg. and scored 6.7 ppg. IMO probably not the answer.

She's a freshman, so hopefully there is room for growth.

With Audi, ISU isn't the school for a high level G5 post who would expect big minutes. But ISU has 10-15mpg for a player to earn as Audi's backup. Also in the portal era, coming to play at ISU and in the Big12 would be a great opportunity. If she ups her game, she can always transfer from ISU to an opportunity with more minutes.

Who knows, she might have the athleticism to also play minutes at the 4.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
She's a freshman, so hopefully there is room for growth.

With Audi, ISU isn't the school for a high level G5 post who would expect big minutes. But ISU has 10-15mpg for a player to earn as Audi's backup. Also in the portal era, coming to play at ISU and in the Big12 would be a great opportunity. If she ups her game, she can always transfer from ISU to an opportunity with more minutes.

Who knows, she might have the athleticism to also play minutes at the 4.

Just want fans to understand she is a developmental player. Potential to develop. But don’t expect a real Impact. She did make A10 All Freshman Team. So she was amongst the best freshmen in the Conference. Definitely worth the scholarship.

Remember also that UMass had a bad team last year. 5-27 record. Won 2 games in the A10 Conference. Developmental player.

Last edited:
Reactions: bozclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I openly admit I have no idea who 99.9% of these kids are. I trust the staff on this they did a heck of a job with Belanger. At Cy's House of Trivia the talk was 44 from Stanford was asking $200,000. :eek:
I'll let the coaches look for the right pieces.

Reactions: acoustimac

ClonesMagic1

Sep 21, 2023
Another name on the radar:

Lilly Taulelei, 6'3" C/F from UMass. 3 seasons remaining. 6.7 ppg and 2.5 rpg in 24.2 mpg. Did attempt a small number of threes (2 for 8). Decent shooter from the field overall (45%), but needs to work on FT (23-48 for 48%).

Sounds like she is choosing between Nebraska, Florida, and Iowa st.

Would be a great young player to play alongside Audi.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Sounds like she is choosing between Nebraska, Florida, and Iowa st.

Would be a great young player to play alongside Audi.
Really interesting list there. Nebraska has that whole WBB scandal currently rocking them, Florida I know nothing about, and we have an AA she’s have to sit behind.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I feel like every portal post player's profile we have looked at has had a big game against Maryland. Maybe when need to grade that game on a curve when evaluating.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Don’t get me wrong, Dauda is an absolute stud, but I’d be shocked if she came here. 1)Every major school - South Carolina, UCONN, Texas - have been in contact.
2) not sure we’d have the NIL to compete
3) Planting her and Audi in the post spells disaster against teams with similar offensive schemes to our own

Hansford would be a huge win. Fits our scheme perfectly. Taulelei gives me Isnelle vibes in terms of production. Not necessary getting a step up, but just finding someone who can put in minutes so Audi can get a breather.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Don’t get me wrong, Dauda is an absolute stud, but I’d be shocked if she came here. 1)Every major school - South Carolina, UCONN, Texas - have been in contact.
2) not sure we’d have the NIL to compete
3) Planting her and Audi in the post spells disaster against teams with similar offensive schemes to our own

Hansford would be a huge win. Fits our scheme perfectly. Taulelei gives me Isnelle vibes in terms of production. Not necessary getting a step up, but just finding someone who can put in minutes so Audi can get a breather.
Definitely agree. Hansford would be a great fit and a great weapon. She’s not going to fill that Natabou/backup 5 spot being 6’2 and pretty thin. Would almost prefer Nelly to come back to provide that depth we’d need against physical teams if Audi gets in foul trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

ClonesMagic1

Sep 21, 2023
Definitely agree. Hansford would be a great fit and a great weapon. She’s not going to fill that Natabou/backup 5 spot being 6’2 and pretty thin. Would almost prefer Nelly to come back to provide that depth we’d need against physical teams if Audi gets in foul trouble.
Hansford is a guard, not expected to fill the Nelle roll. That would be taulelei.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
1 - Fantastic that we were able to get a backup post at all. Probably a hard sell to anyone. Seems she will be a decent fit in a Nelly-esque, but younger so maybe can learn a bit this year.

2 - Glad everyone freaked out that the sky was falling. Seems we landed on our feet just fine.