Coping with losses

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
I talk my son, who is a senior at ISU, off his ledge, and I usually, not always, STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA, so that I don't post or tweet something that may wound these amazing young men or our coach who we are so very fortunate to have at Iowa State. Honestly, they want so much to please us. They love us. We should love them back.

DesignerClone

Dec 13, 2014
I think you are right fear being the main driver for the meltdownS. With that in mind it's a little unfair to say the fanbase is spoiled.

To be fair, I said "a bit." But in addition, these last five years have been the greatest sustained success in Cyclone history (not an elite success but success nonetheless). With that being said, I would actually like to know what its like to feel what "spoiled" really is in the college basketball landscape! :rolleyes:

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
I think as a fan base we need some help in doing this, what do some of you guys that don't participate in the post loss meltdowns do to cope with your Cyclone frustrations. I myself enjoy playing Call of Duty on my son's X-box 360. Something about the sound of a headshot with my trusty Remington 870 with a pistol-grip makes me feel better about the latest loss.

Just want to say thank you to you for posting this thread. truly needed and helpful.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron